Your favorite music genre/era?

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Your favorite music genre/era?

Post by Ghostwriter »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 pm

French rap/hip hop, listened to it numerous times, and want to like it, the odd rapper can make it sound good, but most of the time it sounds like theyre trying to rap after just being punched in the mouth or got something stuck in their throat :plus1:

haha might sound strange indeed with anglophone ears, but let's give a try anyway just in case....

This last one (Oxmo Puccino) do really have a voice like recovering from a punch in the groin, or maybe chewing gum while rapping...
Old school beats mostly

:hattip:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:30 pm

French rap/hip hop, listened to it numerous times, and want to like it, the odd rapper can make it sound good, but most of the time it sounds like theyre trying to rap after just being punched in the mouth or got something stuck in their throat :plus1:

haha might sound strange indeed with anglophone ears, but let's give a try anyway just in case....

This last one (Oxmo Puccino) do really have a voice like recovering from a punch in the groin, or maybe chewing gum while rapping...
Old school beats mostly

can dig these first 2 songs

and that last one, i know the backing track from another song, i thought it was a streets song, but i just tried finding it but i cant, ill keep thinking and will get back to you, good song though :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:34 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 am

Old school beats mostly

and that last one, i know the backing track from another song, i thought it was a streets song, but i just tried finding it but i cant, ill keep thinking and will get back to you, good song though :thumb:
ahh found it, it was a streets song, its not exactly the same, but its obviously based on that piano sample but tweeked

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

[/quote]

ahh found it, it was a streets song, its not exactly the same, but its obviously based on that piano sample but tweeked

[/quote]

Aaaah The Streets, the first album was a great treat indeed, fresh and nice remixes too. We loved it.

Here are a few old stuff, but powerful (at the time).
Maybe you find something motivating in it. Pump up the volume though.

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]

[media] [/media]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic