Overstay issues

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Overstay issues

Post by Mishmash »

blueman.cambodia wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 pm
jd1965 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 pm
Mishmash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm
The Seawolf wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:00 pm Blimey. This has just got interesting.

#pullsupachair

#openspopcorn
I'll join - cracks a beer - tshoosh - wins a can!!!

Foook me. Its a major assault by blueman...
Don't forget the phram roy. T threadbhas become hilarious. Keep throwing shit at me dickhead. Like I said... bulletproof.
You were not too bulletproof when your drug dealer knocked you down. And those sore you have on your body.... I hope they were not caused by the rats that keep you company when you sleep on the floor of that empty shop.
Ding Ding - Blueman is first out - left right - hook to the jaw and a snidey kidney blow - JD on the ropes. << a word from our sponsors - interlude popcorn and beers available from the luscious ladies in the aisles>> <<back to the main event>> Is JD gonna comeback from this onslaught, The crowd is roaring - forum sold out. We can hear the loyal fans shouting JD JD JD... Will he hear it - does he have the guts and willpower... keep tuned to CEO Live
Darren-Lee-Fox
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Darren-Lee-Fox »

[Admin Edit: No need to name call. Thanks.]
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frizzie77 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:37 pm I have looked at that picture on page 2 very closely.
I'm quite sure I've seen this guy regularly on Street 172 (even just tonight), or otherwise the man I saw there is a very close doppelganger (but including the wart on his nose, or whatever that spot is? Check the picture closely...).

And then, apparently he ran Ochheuteal Guesthouse in Sihanoukville, which another poster here claims was sold to the Chinese. Back in 2015 it was for sale for $130,000 (https://m.khmer24.com/km/property/hot-o ... 87724.html). Not sure what he eventually sold it for, but if that money is already gone, what happened?
Not the same guys. You are confusing two threads.
One wanted advice about a long visa overstay and no passport. He is the one posting here. Used to work in a bar in PP, or so they say.
The other guy is sick in hospital and is trying to go-fund a trip back to the UK. He used to run Occheuteal Guesthouse in SHV, and then another place after that, also in SHV.

Lol. This thread is already confusing enough as it is.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 pm Not the same guys. You are confusing two threads.
One wanted advice about a long visa overstay and no passport. He is the one posting here. Used to work in a bar in PP, or so they say.
The other guy is sick in hospital and is trying to go-fund a trip back to the UK. He used to run Occheuteal Guesthouse in SHV, and then another place after that, also in SHV.
Oops, yes, you're right, sorry about that.
So, back to the guy in this thread that I think I see regularly on Street 172.
Others having seen/know him (apart from blueman that is)?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Having a nasty feeling after that, i check my kid passport again, and now the lack of visa disturbs me a bit, so i inquire about that to some friends who have their kid at the same school.

Shit. They have an extended visa for their kid, although more recent than my kid's entry in Cambo.

I check another family, same thing. Shit shit shit....I head directly to the immigration front of the airport, show them, and their verdict is a slap to my face : "yes sir, it's a 1 and half year overstay, 10 $ per day".

That's around 5000 $ at the time. I do not have this money. I working my way up in a new position at work, have a decent salary, but i couldn't spare much yet. And even if i can save as much as possible starting from then, it would have taken more and more months to get that sum, and the overstay would keep growing anyway.

I remain calm, and ask them if there is any possibility for clemency, discount, whatever. They say i can try with the ministry of interior, without giving me any contact or direction though. Fuck fuck fuck....

I talk about that to my embassy, they say they can't do anything.
I talk to my kid's school, they say they can't do anything.

Fuckity fuck, and shittery shit. My kid might need to get out for medical reasons in a neighbor country, so the timing is very bad for this situation, healthwise, moneywise, stresswise, workwise.

I ask how this could happen, and why neither school nor embassy notified us this visa issue, i mean, they have computers, databases, contacts, follow-up, registers....cross checking data would highlight this issue pretty quickly, i'm thinking...

Turns out the law changed while we were in, and nobody told us that kids now have to get a proper visa extension.
Children with two foreign parents under the age of 12 got gratis visas until just a year or two ago. It pissed a few of my friends off when they changed it, but it's your onus to keep informed about this kind of stuff.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:04 pm Aaaaaaannnnnd in the blue corner its bluuueeeeeman maaaaan blueman . quick with the hands, loose with the facts... undefeated in Caaaaambodia.

In the redddddd corner jaaaack man 1965. good with the mouth, slick from a recent defeat at the hands of a slapper... knocked down by CEO in recent rounds but up and in his corner

refeeereed by the ilustrious, the unconquerable king of posts me KUUUNNNG FUUUUUUU HILLL BILLLLLLLLLLLY

Laaaayyydeesss and gentlemeennnnn. Welcome to the fight of the week. Place your bets, reserve your seats and wait for a Knockoouuut blooowwwww
Mishmash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:51 pm
blueman.cambodia wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:31 pm
jd1965 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:54 pm
Mishmash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:49 pm
The Seawolf wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:00 pm Blimey. This has just got interesting.

#pullsupachair

#openspopcorn
I'll join - cracks a beer - tshoosh - wins a can!!!

Foook me. Its a major assault by blueman...
Don't forget the phram roy. T threadbhas become hilarious. Keep throwing shit at me dickhead. Like I said... bulletproof.
You were not too bulletproof when your drug dealer knocked you down. And those sore you have on your body.... I hope they were not caused by the rats that keep you company when you sleep on the floor of that empty shop.
Ding Ding - Blueman is first out - left right - hook to the jaw and a snidey kidney blow - JD on the ropes. << a word from our sponsors - interlude popcorn and beers available from the luscious ladies in the aisles>> <<back to the main event>> Is JD gonna comeback from this onslaught, The crowd is roaring - forum sold out. We can hear the loyal fans shouting JD JD JD... Will he hear it - does he have the guts and willpower... keep tuned to CEO Live
Darren-Lee-Fox wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:06 pm Yeah You fucked up... no solution... It´s lowlife losers like you that bring the white man down all over Asia, you have no face man. !
Go say hello to Immigration and explain your "Problem" No pitty on you, take a good long look in the mirror and what do you see ????
Nothing at all ! ! ! Enjoy your Mekong Whisky

<<pans to the crowd>> - some hecklers are starting to rise... Immigration are sealing the entrance - handcuffs are dangling.. <<Zoom to bottle of Mekong whiskey side bets>> Long time punters like PSD-KIWI are tearing their tickets. JB is collecting his winnings from his long term bet. Mishmash will stay till the knockout decided by kung fu hillbilly
greaker
Tourist
Denmark

Post by greaker »

In the near future for OP in KOW. This is from SR where four people share a cell waiting to be deported.

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:23 pm

I ask how this could happen, and why neither school nor embassy notified us this visa issue, i mean, they have computers, databases, contacts, follow-up, registers....cross checking data would highlight this issue pretty quickly, i'm thinking...

Turns out the law changed while we were in, and nobody told us that kids now have to get a proper visa extension.
Children with two foreign parents under the age of 12 got gratis visas until just a year or two ago. It pissed a few of my friends off when they changed it, but it's your onus to keep informed about this kind of stuff.
Yeah, well nobody told us, even by the agents who saw me taking care of my and my wife's passports at their agency, even accompagned with my kid, so turns out if nobody asks, nobody tells, and everybody seems pretty useless for that matter.

It could have gone a long time like this, until we had to get out for some reasons (holidays, sickness....).

It's true that you have to know your obligations, but i'm amazed that all these people with computers and database can't fuckin manage to spread the information at least through the schools and embassies, for fuck sake. It's not like we didn't registered everywhere.

Can't spend my life checking if law changes for this and that on a weekly basis. Can you ? Do you ? See...
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

frizzie77 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 pm Not the same guys. You are confusing two threads.
Oops, yes, you're right, sorry about that.
So, back to the guy in this thread that I think I see regularly on Street 172.
Others having seen/know him (apart from blueman that is)?
Yes... You see him around Sorya Mall where is active in begging or taking the plates from diners after they leave, or ocassionly stealing somebody else's beer. He previously slept in the carpark at the rear, but now sleep under a roof at a vacant shop not far from Sorya Mall along with the other drunken expat homeless.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

greaker wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:00 am This is from SR where four people share a cell waiting to be deported.
Holy moly, it looks like a Daun Penh apartment! Oh, the horror, the shame.
Locked Previous topicNext topic