Brit killed by Norwegian in pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Brit killed by Norwegian in pattaya

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:17 am
Username Taken wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:51 am
Soriya wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:51 pm strange, when i just looked his not on the red list on interpols website.
Yep. Not on Interpol site. Only on regional news sites.

https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work ... ed-Notices
so the news report is wrong?
Interpol red alert calls for his preliminary arrest by police authorities in Vietnam

The Interpol red notice requests that police in Vietnam provisionally arrest the fugitive and notify Thailand’s National Crime Bureau immediately so that extradition proceedings can get underway.

The Interpol notice also gives some new details and background information into how the violent clash between Mr Bullman and Mr Bajaj began and escalated into a deadly assault.
or the interpol site linked is not updated?
NOTE: The majority of Red Notices are not on the public database. Be careful. The notices are sent to 194 countries.
https://interpolnoticeremoval.com/inter ... nted-list/

its also listed in the pattaya news;
Interpol has issued a red alert for Roger Bullman, the Norwegian wanted for allegedly killing British national Amitpal Singh Bajaj, at a resort in Karon in August. Pol Captain Taecsin Deethong-on of Karon Police Station says the alert was issued following a request from Thai police.
https://thepattayanews.com/2019/09/20/i ... in-phuket/
It's listed on the pattaya news site so therefore it must be true. :facepalm:

I've got no idea Richard. All I said is that it's not on the Interpol site, and only on regional news sites. Many regional news sites just copy from one another.

Why did the Thais let him out on bail anyway? #TopBloke?
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Lol imagine getting bail whilst the guy you've just murdered skin is still warm in your nails.

Madness.
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Glad he passed through Cambodia (according to the reports) and didn't end up here.

I think the wedding and funeral music being loud here might have caused another episode.

The bail was certainly unbelievable madness.

Happy to see the pics and the warrant just in case i get a new neighbor.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE
Brit’s killer safe in Oslo and will not be extradited to Thailand with local police taking on the case
June 2, 2023 at 11:09 pm
by Carla Boonkong & Pranee O' Connor

A frail and ill Roger Bullman, after a nightmare of nearly four years on the run, is recovering in Oslo with his family while police in the Norwegian capital plan to have the case transferred from Thailand to Norway to conduct their own murder enquiry. The Norwegian hopes that he will not be charged in the matter and has reiterated his 2019 claims of having acted in self-defence when attacked in his room by the victim wielding a knife.

Fugitive from Thai justice, Roger Bullman, who arrived home in Oslo last Saturday, the 27th of May, is still at liberty in the Norwegian capital and will not be returned to Thailand under any circumstances according to police in the Scandinavian country. It is understood that Norwegian authorities now propose to investigate the death of the 34-year-old UK man killed by the Norwegian on August 21st 2019 and it is expected that the case will be transferred from Phuket in Thailand to Norway to facilitate the process. The matter is likely to be treated as a murder enquiry but there is no confirmation that criminal charges will be brought against the 57-year-old who is reported to be suffering from chronic ill health after nearly four years of stress on the run in Southeast Asia.

Last Saturday, the Norwegian man who flew back to Oslo on a forged passport, told reporters on Norwegian television that he was tired, depressed and quite ill after his ordeal and simply wanted to be reunited with his young daughter who was only four years of age when he left for Thailand with his partner on a holiday in August 2019 which turned into years on the run in Indochina.

The Norwegian is the subject of a Red Notice from Interpol ordering his arrest on murder charges filed by the Royal Thai Police in connection with the killing on August 21st 2019 of British-born IT engineer Amital Bajaj in a violent and bloody contretemps that erupted between the two men as they were staying as neighbouring guests at a five-star resort in the Kathu area of Phuket.

Norwegian police in Oslo are expected to contact Interpol to address the situation as well as Thai police authorities as a result of Mr Bullman’s return.
More details: https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news- ... tal-bajaj/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:43 am Glad he passed through Cambodia (according to the reports) and didn't end up here.

I think the wedding and funeral music being loud here might have caused another episode.

The bail was certainly unbelievable madness.

Happy to see the pics and the warrant just in case i get a new neighbor.
Nice to see an old post of our old law-and-order friend, Mishmash. I had almost forgotten about the gun-wielding weirdo.

As for this thread, good decision by Norway's authorities. Let's see if the Thai authorities can provide the quality and quantity of evidence required to convict the guy in Norway.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

" Let's see if the Thai authorities can provide the quality and quantity of evidence required to convict the guy in Norway. "

I suppose they could dig up the body of murderer's victim as proof the victim is still dead ?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

jaynewcastle wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:23 pm " Let's see if the Thai authorities can provide the quality and quantity of evidence required to convict the guy in Norway. "

I suppose they could dig up the body of murderer's victim as proof the victim is still dead ?
What I meant is that I think that it will be quite a challenge to meet the burden of proof in a Norwegian court with evidence provided by the bumbling fools from the Thai police farce.

The defendant's lawyers should be able to have pieces of evidence thrown out right, left and center.

But hey, maybe he'll confess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic