Overstay issues

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Overstay issues

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Feelgood wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 pm I met this guy in question on the street and talked to him and he came across as a really decent guy. And I asked a friend who he was and he said "that's Jack a really nice guy".

He is a decent person who is down on his luck and a fellow member who asked for our help. And yet, certain people have just TROLLED HIM MERCILESSLY!

This site is just a Khmer 440 No 2
You met him and your friend met him so we all know him. By your logic the girl my buddy and I met last night and thought would be a good time is now being sought by all forum members.

I know only what he has posted, from his original post about being stabbed by a meth head gf, being scammed by his business partner etc. We all have different values, morals and tastes. If you want uniformity, the military or prison are two places you can find it, call me crazy but I prefer diversity.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Feelgood wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:49 pm I met this guy in question on the street and talked to him and he came across as a really decent guy. And I asked a friend who he was and he said "that's Jack a really nice guy".

He is a decent person who is down on his luck and a fellow member who asked for our help. And yet, certain people have just TROLLED HIM MERCILESSLY!

Yep.
The sanctimony is strong here.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

I have never:
Had a methhead skank girlfriend
Skipped out on a hospital bill
Overstayed my visa by almost two years
Repeatedly slagged off an ex business partner
Asked for a magic wand, then lashed out at the reality that there wasn't one

Does this mean I don't qualify as a Top Bloke in the KoW?
up to you...
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

bittermelon wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Yep.
The sanctimony is strong here.
Maybe to a degree but in fairness there has been a serious attempt by members here I think to find and discuss a solution and canvass the likely options.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Why don't you just turn in to an aeroplane and fly yourself back home? That's what I would do
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:19 pm Why don't you just turn in to an aeroplane and fly yourself back home? That's what I would do
We need you at the controls JD.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:18 am ]
To get a new passport you need file a police report that it was Lost or stolen, without the report no embassy will issue a new one.
This isn't true. At all.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

How was he nice, did he say please when asking for a dollar? Not in a good position to be rude innit.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

TeachingForPeanuts wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:11 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:18 am ]
To get a new passport you need file a police report that it was Lost or stolen, without the report no embassy will issue a new one.
This isn't true. At all.
I agree dont know about here but my passport was stolen in thailand. I didnt get a police report. Just went to embassy, they asked loads of questions and had to waut a few days for a replacement.
Locked Previous topicNext topic