How much time is left on the clock?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

How much time is left on the clock?

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

A study published Sep. 19 in the journal Science, Marra joined with other scientists and conservationists to analyze nearly five decades of population data on 529 species of North American birds. The results were staggering: Since 1970, the continental U.S. and Canada have lost more than 1 in 4 birds. The total bird population in the two countries has fallen by almost 3 billion, with grassland birds such as western meadowlarks and American sparrows and shorebirds such as green herons taking the biggest hits...

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/u- ... cna1055961

A sweeping report assessing the state of the natural world found that humans are having an “unprecedented” and devastating effect on global biodiversity, with about 1 million animal and plant species now threatened with extinction.

A summary of the report’s findings was released Monday by the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, which was established in 2012 by the United Nations Environment Programme and includes representatives from 132 countries.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/1- ... cna1002046

How much time is left on the clock for humans? When do you think nature will crater and man will ecome extinct?
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Re: How much time is left on the clock?

Post by The Seawolf »

Not long. We have only been around for 200,000 years and only living in cities for 10,000 years. The earth is 6 billion years old.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

4.5 bn
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

13 billion years ago the whole universe could fit inside someone's hand luggage on a flight.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

I was thinking more along the lines of the future not the past. 13 billion years ago man wasn t around. My father has been alive for 85 years, I don t think it is indicative that he will be alive a further 85 years. With the accelerated degradation of the environment, how much longer do you think human society will be sustainable?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

The anthropocene is likely to be brief.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

All good, we should have a nice pandemic tear through society sometime soon
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Infinite. Space & time travel, colonisation of the entire universe, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

I didnt have any kids so i dont give a fuck.. as long as it lasts another 30 years im golden. Then a front row seat to the end of the world would be a lovely finale.
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
I also never felt the need to reproduced a copy of myself ,+ there are already too many humans on this finite earth.It makes my time here so much easier not having to worry or provide for extra mouths. :dragonchase:
I now take up my role as a clown master, I attempt to categorize and direct the clowns ,for their & our well being & amusement. :dragonchase:
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic