Thais kill pure bear

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
hiway5
Expatriate
Spain

Thais kill pure bear

Post by hiway5 »

Possibly too much rot dee in the diet

bbc.com

A popular giant panda has died unexpectedly in a Thai zoo - prompting China to send experts to investigate.

Chuang Chuang had been at the Chiang Mai zoo on loan from China since 2003.

The 19-year old bear was widely popular across Thailand, especially due to repeated efforts by the zoo to get him to mate with his female companion.

His unexplained death on Monday caused uproar on Chinese social media, with many users accusing Thailand of not caring properly for the animal.

Giant pandas, which are native to China, usually live for 25 to 30 years in captivity. They were regarded as endangered, but were reclassified as "vulnerable" by the International Union for Conservation of Nature, following an increase in numbers.

China loans the animals to countries around the world as a way of strengthening diplomatic ties.

There's extensive reporting in China about the animals' lives overseas, and Chuang Chuang's early death has received widespread coverage in state media.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Thais kill pure bear

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Four animals being eaten into extinction by gourmets in China and around the world
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/article/ ... ound-world
Pangolin
Bluefin tuna
Chinese giant salamander
Sturgeon

Extinction By Traditional Chinese Medicine - An Environmental Disaster

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca ... 5ec13b5bd3
As China’s massive energy and economic development spawns the largest middle class in history, it’s also creating the largest upper and middle class population on the planet. And they are causing another type of environmental disaster – extinction of endangered species through poaching.

An epidemic of poaching is sweeping the world (Nature Conservancy) fueled by the rising rich of China and Asia. Endangered species are being killed at an increasing rate for the sole crime of being the core of bizarre cultural traditions. Caught in this frenzy of nasty rituals are animals like the rhinoceros, which as a species may not be long for this world (Save The Rhino).

Demand for traditional Chinese medicine is killing off the world’s quirkiest animal

https://qz.com/170554/demand-for-tradit ... st-animal/

Shark Fin Soup Is Pushing Sharks to Extinction — Yet It’s Still Served

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/conten ... xtinction/

F@cking Hypocrites those Chinese
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

China's Panda diplomacy is more than just about making friends and making money.
They are increasing used as a carrot and stick to get countries to bend to their will
- by granting, denying or retracting these leasing deals. (@ a million bucks/year)

If Chinese social media turns foul against the Thais over this death,
i suggest the King skins the beast and posts videos of himself writhing naked all over it, covered in tomato sauce and mayo..
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

He could also make his personal guards' add an extra twitch, chest puff to their new salute. The fairy dance marching is perfect the way it is

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Either the smog got him or he was allergic to Digital Nomads
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

China voicing animal welfare seems a bit ironic to me.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

A policeman stops a man in a car with a panda in the front seat.
"Hey, what are you doing with that panda? You should take it to the zoo."
- "Yeah yeah, ok i will" says the man

The following week, the cop sees the man with the panda in the front seat, again.
both of them wearing sunglasses.
So the cop pulls him over. "I thought you were going to take that panda to the zoo!"
- "I did. We had such a good time we're going to the beach this weekend!"
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yobbo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:54 pm China voicing animal welfare seems a bit ironic to me.
Maybe not when you have a monopoly on pandas :wave:
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm
Yobbo wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:54 pm China voicing animal welfare seems a bit ironic to me.
Maybe not when you have a monopoly on pandas :wave:
Swap you one tiger penis & rhino horn for one panda & tortured dog :evil6:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic