Guy Attacking Woman On Street 148

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Guy Attacking Woman On Street 148

Post by bucknaked »

I hate watching that shit

even a dude beating on another dude that obviously doesn't want to fight...its awful
don't know if I could have watch without stepping in

what is likely to have happened if a westerner intervened?
Even the ugly ones
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

bucknaked wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am I hate watching that shit

even a dude beating on another dude that obviously doesn't want to fight...its awful

I don't like to be cynical, but, from what I have heard there is a good chance that Khmer bystanders would join in against the westerner. -Or maybe I am just repeating an urban myth... Also, as another poster alludes to, a good chance of the woman turning on you too.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

that's what I've read
so underneath their friendly manner they actually resent us?
scary thought
Even the ugly ones
Artfarty
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Artfarty »

[Admin Edit: We don't need any more posts on here implying it's ok to hit women, even if it's said it in jest. Thanks.]
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Artfarty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:04 am
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:34 am A real cowardly move to beat on people physically weaker than oneself. To advocate it says a lot about the person making the statement.

I'm inspired by James Bond. He's a real gentleman. He physically assults women when they are "asking for it".

I think your gold chain is a little tight and is cutting off the oxygen to your brain

frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Who let pimps in here anyway?
Next thing we'll have midget lawyers.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 am Any man who engages in or condones violence against women is in possession of one of the most repellent character traits a man can have. There is absolutely no justification for violence against women and those who engage in these acts, or support them, are nothing but disgusting Neanderthals. Whether it be low self esteem, poor gender role models, inadequate problem solving skills...whatever, if you're a man who believes this is acceptable behavior, you need to talk to someone. I hope your daughter doesn't have to contend with a violent partner herself.

I almost agree completely, with one exception; I would use violence against a woman in self defence, or in defence of my other half or my kids.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

bucknaked wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 am I hate watching that shit

Agree. But never get involved in others domestics. If you had intervened, likely they would then both beat on you!
HILD-CEO
Tourist
Norway

Post by HILD-CEO »

I don’t view physical violence any differently to mental/emotional/psychological abuse. In fact, sometimes the latter have more damage than a hit.

Also, male or female, we can both sexes (and all the other) learn not to hit others. And learn not to abuse others in any fashion.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

And to all those wishing for peace and harmony between not just men and women but in general... history is not on your side. The strong have always preyed on the weak. Strength of resolve as well as physical strength determines who wins and loses.

But do let me know when we reach the land of unicorns and rainbows.... or that “higher consciousness” I read about.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic