Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand’s Unlikely Embrace of Cannabis.

Post by phuketrichard »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:21 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 pm I tell ya,
alcohol causes 10x,100 times the problem smoking Ganga will
How many times have you read, "pot smoker runs red light and kills family of 4?"
I agree, though both undeniably lead to mental decline in the long term
I think you can attest to that
nope, i cant, nor can anyone that i smoked with starting back in the 60's
Have never heard of a "pot overdose" either

Look its a non brainier, Pot wont kill ya and once more research is done, it will be shown it might help extend your life, relive pain and in some cases, save it
By legalizing it, you're saying that it's safe for everyone. Which simply isn't true.
Is Aspirin safe? Its legal and helps many many people with pain BUT
Common over-the-counter painkillers such as aspirin kill around 20,000 Americans every year, and another 100,000 end up in hospital as a result of taking the drug, new research reveals
Its up to each person to decide, but please don't believe the hype

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Thailand’s Lawmakers Seek Bill to Allow People to Grow Cannabis
Thailand’s Bhumjaithai Party seeks to amend the Narcotics Act to allow each household to grow a maximum of six cannabis plants.
September 5, 2019
By CTN News
BANGKOK – Thailand’s Bhumjaithai Party is holding a public to gather public input on a bill that seeks to allow people to grow cannabis at home.

Key party member Supachai Jaisamut said various interest groups have been invited, including patients; state officials; Thai traditional medicine practitioners and folk doctors. “This bill will be tabled before the House next week,” he said.

The draft, Mr Supachai said, seeks to amend the Narcotics Act to allow each household to grow a maximum of six cannabis plants.
https://www.chiangraitimes.com/health/t ... -cannabis/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Quoted by Xandrew:

"By legalizing it, you're saying that it's safe for everyone. Which simply isn't true."

How do you come 2 that conclusion? Tobacco is legal but harmful.
By legalizing something you can do a great many positive things for peeps u can't when it's illegal. Peeps take drugs regardless of legality.
Legalize and quality control them so the dangerous strains are limited.
And of course many will say it's unfair to ban a drug the majority enjoy simply because a minority can't handle it.
We need a common sense government that tells the people the realities and truth, and offers freedoms of safety with harm reduction, not outright unconstitutional bans that only works for criminals.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

On a related note, NZ is holding a referendum on legalising cannabis next year. Helen Clark (via the Helen Clark Foundation) is pushing for the Yes vote.

Download the PDF: https://helenclark.foundation/wp-conten ... rendum.pdf

Any Kiwis who are still eligible to vote should be able to take part (i.e. if you have been in NZ within three years of the vote, I think).
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase:
Victory is in sight ,eventually Hemp,pot ,weed ,whatever its called, will be legally available.
The Thais realize how much $ $ $ will be made and sensibly have seen the light & started to cash in on it.Again they out fox ,the more conservative, Khmer's.
Help End Marijuana Prohibition_HEMP,well resoursed and cashed up thanks to the likes of visionaries like Steve Jobs ,etc .
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

MarkRobinson wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 am :dragonchase:
Victory is in sight ,eventually Hemp,pot ,weed ,whatever its called, will be legally available.
The Thais realize how much $ $ $ will be made and sensibly have seen the light & started to cash in on it.Again they out fox ,the more conservative, Khmer's.
Help End Marijuana Prohibition_HEMP,well resoursed and cashed up thanks to the likes of visionaries like Steve Jobs ,etc .
ONLY for Locals ( thai's)
dont get to excited, Thailand will never be the Amsterdam of SE Asia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
MarkRobinson wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:43 am :dragonchase:
ONLY for Locals ( thai's)
dont get to excited, Thailand will never be the Amsterdam of SE Asia
The house is in her name, my six plants can be too. I remember Thai stick as being a very good smoke, not like the ragweed available out here in Isaan. I don t need it to be the Amsterdam of SE Asia, just a little piece of Vancouver would be nice.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Thai stick was supposedly dipped in opium tincture.
Doubt we will see that again.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

^^^ Urban myth. (occasionally only)
I have never met any serious student of 70's-80's thai sticks that believed it.
(and i have talked to quite a few, at the relevant times and places)

This is backed up by a wide ranging study of australian marijuanna supply in the early 80,s - studying imported and locally grown confiscated dope specifically for contamination by other drugs. Zero evidence was found to back this up.
repeat, occasionally yes.

I do agree tho' that we are unlikely to see the real Thai ever again.
All those strains have been drowned in a sea of that ubiquitous poxy "Dutch" hybrid shit that the kids love these days.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Hence my use of the word supposedly
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic