Burger joint...

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Burger joint...

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:29 pm Burgershack do pretty good fast food burgers, or at least the one in Kampot does, couldn't speak for their PP gaff.

But, for me, a burger must be flame grilled, juicy, have high quality cheese, no pork or breadcrumb filling in the meat and fresh salad.

That's not an easy combo to find. Luckily I only eat burgers a few times a year unless I'm traveling.
I agree JA, I do like burgers as you describe but I did find Burgershack's fast food variety reminded me of my old favorites from in-and-out burger and was a welcome treat.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

I had the burger at Carolina BBQ the other day, fucking spot on :thumb:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Lost50 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:07 pm [quote="Jerry Atrick" post_id=363388 time= But, for me, a burger must be flame grilled, juicy, have high quality cheese, no pork or breadcrumb filling in the meat and fresh salad.
I agree but its all about the patty. Take the best patty in the world & slap on the worst cheese & yes its still fulfilment.

Take the worst patty & slap on the best cheese, no its a no.

Weird thing is take the worst patty & the worst cheese & you'll say 'that tasted so bad I'd like another'.

☆ you here means me, them, everyone, you.
[/quote]

Works well enough for McDonalds I guess :beer3:
Comrade Elmo Felo
Expatriate

Post by Comrade Elmo Felo »

Burger shack are pretty on point.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This Khmer burger joint in Phnom Penh has been open for 6 months. Has anyone tried it ?

Husband and wife duo serve burgers with a Khmer flair
Soung Sovanny | Publication date 10 October 2019 | 20:51 ICT
Phnom Penh burger joint Burger Moon has set itself a goal – serving gourmet burgers at an affordable price.

Located behind Mao Tse Tung boulevard, Burger Moon, a popular takeaway venue with limited seating, sits in a humble shop in which customers are welcomed by pictures of hamburgers oozing with cheese.

But Burger Moon prides itself on being different to other fast-food outlets serving traditional burgers.

“On average, between 200 and 300 customers visit our shop every day, with foreigners making up only about 20 per cent of our customer base.

“Locals want to try how a Khmer burger tastes and most of them like it. Many of them have become returning customers, especially as our burgers are competitively priced compared to fast-food chains,” said 27-year-old Lyhoung.

Burger Moon has been in business for six months, but before that Lyhoung had been selling burgers on the street for one year.

“I started selling burgers from a small stand along the street. The affordable price and local flavour attracted people to come back for more. Their support helped us move into permanent premises.”

Burger Moon serves freshly-made gourmet burgers featuring Khmer flavours, with each one made from scratch.

“I developed the recipe by combining my culinary skills and the experiences I learned from people who used to work in restaurants serving hamburgers in the US.”

However, Lyhoung admitted that running a small business as a young woman is proving a challenge.

“It was not easy to start a business with only a small amount of capital and minimal experience in managing employees. It’s even harder to decide which supplies are of good quality and reasonably priced.”

Staying true to her experience selling burgers on the street, Lyhoung sticks to an affordable menu and provides fast service to her customers.

Burgers and side orders start from $1 with a variety of burger choices on offer, including pork ($1), chicken ($1.25), beef ($2), as well as a burger with bacon ($1.75), a kebab burger ($1) and a crispy chicken burger ($1.75). Combination meals are also available from $2.50.

Side dishes include fried chicken wings or nuggets (both $1.75) and French fries ($1.87). Extra cheese, egg or bacon can also be added for $0.25 to $0.40.

With business going well, Lyhoung and her husband are already in the process of renovating Burger Moon’s first branch.

“Renovation for the new restaurant will finish soon. It’ll be a bigger space with a nice interior for people to enjoy affordable home-made burgers in a pleasant and comfortable environment,” she said.

Burger Moon is located on Street 402 behind the Vanda Institute of Accounting.

The restaurant is open from 9am to 9pm. Customers can contact the restaurant via telephone (015219010 or 012380388). Orders above $10 are delivered free.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle ... hmer-flair
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic