Sim-Card still active?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Sim-Card still active?

Post by Spigzy »

Yes sorry, depends on what you've topped up - plus little tricks like the "XtraLong" plan if you only want to slap a couple of dollars on. I'd stick with my opening response which would be to try a top up for $1 all the same, nothing to lose (any beer that costs $1 is crap anyway), everything to gain.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:35 pm any beer that costs $1 is crap anyway
Except for Angkor of course the financially superior tastefully inferior $0.50 beer that has a sponsorship going on where you can pull $5 amazing Smart dollars from the can.

This PSA is sponsored by Smart Axiata.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

$5? You can pull $1,000 in hard cash! :) But whilst we're on beer, I do prefer Angkor (bottle) over Anchor & other local stuff ... from the beer threads on this forum I think you can call me the odd one out.

Back on topic, did the Op @nich manage to get their SIM up and running with a cheeky $1 top up or not? Suspense is killing me. (bandit)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
nich
Expatriate
Germany

Post by nich »

Nope, will wait until back in KOW

Thanks for the input
JJ62