Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
stoneroses
Tourist
Liechtenstein

Post by stoneroses »

What do you think about the freelancers in Pontoon? What are your recent experiences and what would you pay? Some ask for 40 $ ST (who pays that) and more, and the majority of them are not interessted in LT at all?! Many of them are very cunning in the room, they wont keep the agreement! Want more money, change behavior, wanna go home etc.! Very different than years before. Or does it happen only to me and the fellows i know?

I find Cambodian whores much more dificult than for example in Thailand. Maybe they have also their own forum in Khmer how to scam us! :D

Cambodia Expats Online thinks you might find this this topic interesting too:

https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/cambodi ... t8903.html
Drifter
Expatriate

Re: Freelancers in Pontoon 2014

Post by Drifter »

as you observed already, Pontoon is not a good place, not for the prices and not for the service.

the golden years won't come back because there's an oversupply of barangs willing to pay Thai or even Western prices for these girls and so the girls have no reason to lower their expectations nor to improve their service.

so, up to you to stick there and maybe getting a good deal, or moving along to greener pastures.

if you get scammed is only because you allow them to scam you, use some common sense and protect your assets.
expect most of the girls to be a total ripoff.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

Cambodia is a lot more difficult than Thailand and I always advise people who are only in Asia for a short time, less than a month, to stay in Thailand.

I believe it is not worth coming her for a few days like some people do as they are usually very disappointed.

I have been living here now for about 6 months and for the first onto or two found it difficult and a lot more expensive than I do now.

With regard to Pontoon, I know and have been with most of the freelancers there as they are usually dolled up Mall girls or Walkabout girls. I sit and chat to them a lot in the Mall and buy them the odd food or drink so they are friendly to me. I usually pay $15-$20 for short time and $20-$30 for long time when I take them.

I usually end up kicking them out after I cum as I like to sleep alone but if they have agreed to LT and then want to go after ST I give them less money!!!

You do occasionally get girls that are not P4P in there and GPub, I have one at the moment, she works in jewellery. She now comes to my apartment quite often for a fuck. It suits us both so is a good relationship. She is a very horny girl and does not want to been seen out too often picking up men.

She does want to be girlfriend but I like keeping it this way for now.
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

peter.storm wrote: With regard to Pontoon, I know and have been with most of the freelancers there as they are usually dolled up Mall girls or Walkabout girls. I sit and chat to them a lot in the Mall and buy them the odd food or drink so they are friendly to me.
I think the girls in Pontoon are a mix of the following:
Girls from hostess bars that have closed for the night - they flood into Pontoon from 1am onwards.
Girls from Darling Darling and the lounges in Nagaworld. They head for Pontoon from midnight onwards.
Some general freelancers and 'grey girls'.
Other freelancers from the Mall, usually the better ones.
Middle class Khmer girls out for a night with a few of their friends.
The prices of the girls will partly depend on which category above they are from.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

@jah steu

fully agree.
after all it's the most famous disco in cambodia, they can't expect the girls there will fuck for a pittance.
if you're on a tight budget discos are never a good option unless you wait until 05 AM maybe but good luck fucking drunken girls who are going to sleep ... i know guys that like this scenario but c'mon ...

@peter storm

yes, PP is no match with thailand, and here it's not in your face as in pattaya.
unfortunately many come here for a weekend and they head straight to pontoon, HoD, 104, 136, which are not a good option pricewise.

however, they can only blame the sleazy overpayers if the girls expect crazy prices now and they're a lot more mercenary and materialistic than in the past.

there's too much money going on in PP, i heard in some upscale massages they will even ask you 30 bucks for a handjob, non negotiable !

as a sex destination i think this place is fucked.
snooky and PP can be a decent add-on to thailand if you're a tourist but for anything else you must live here and know the good places and the real prices.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I don't think any of you guys have been to Thailand lately. I go every couple months. Prices & bar fines are up up up. Service is down down down. 200B for lady drinks in Go-Gos. Many places feature 'coyote dancers' that don't go with customers. Bars are having a hard time finding girls, consequently they're older, fatter, & uglier. IMO, punters have it good in PP
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

wackyjacky wrote:I don't think any of you guys have been to Thailand lately. I go every couple months. Prices & bar fines are up up up. Service is down down down. 200B for lady drinks in Go-Gos. Many places feature 'coyote dancers' that don't go with customers. Bars are having a hard time finding girls, consequently they're older, fatter, & uglier. IMO, punters have it good in PP
because the number of active prostitutes is not linearly correlated to the cost of living, it's asynchronous and often it's not following supply and demand.

even in the past most of the girls came from Isaan and only in part from the rest of the country.
now that Isaan's economy is booming the girls have many other options than entering the sex trade, and if they do they expect easy money with the least effort.

the same thing is happening here and it won't change for the better, all the young bargirls have unrealistic expectations.
stoneroses
Tourist
Liechtenstein

Post by stoneroses »

so if Pontoon is for the tourists as some members in this forum say, which I would agree (also sometimes, especially on a weekend you can get lucky in Pontoon and meet a less professional girl). Where are the places to meet the better ones, or lets say the ones which are more into some sort of longer 'relationships'?
The Ladybars? They are also tricky and in a way complicated and can cost a lot of money. I have seen guys who spend a fortune there.

From where do all the guys i see in Phnom Penh get their girlfriends. Is there a hidden source we don't know? :beer3:
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

stoneroses wrote:so if Pontoon is for the tourists as some members in this forum say, which I would agree (also sometimes, especially on a weekend you can get lucky in Pontoon and meet a less professional girl). Where are the places to meet the better ones, or lets say the ones which are more into some sort of longer 'relationships'?
The Ladybars? They are also tricky and in a way complicated and can cost a lot of money. I have seen guys who spend a fortune there.

From where do all the guys i see in Phnom Penh get their girlfriends. Is there a hidden source we don't know? :beer3:
don't kid yourself.
traditional girls here marry virgin at 20-22 yrs.

if you see a girl dating barangs she's either divorced, a widow, a former hooker, an actual hooker, or had a baby or two from previous khmer partners, in any case nobody will marry her so foreigners are her only option left.

they're not all gold diggers but most of them are indeed just after the money, some are low maintenance and some are not.
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

wackyjacky wrote:I don't think any of you guys have been to Thailand lately. I go every couple months. Prices & bar fines are up up up. Service is down down down. 200B for lady drinks in Go-Gos. Many places feature 'coyote dancers' that don't go with customers. Bars are having a hard time finding girls, consequently they're older, fatter, & uglier. IMO, punters have it good in PP

Up till six months ago I lived in Pattaya for nine years, I was last there two weeks ago to fetch the rest of my stuff.
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic