Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Honda Forza NSS250A for sale $1,400 OBO

Post by Ravensnest »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:08 pm
He said how already. He nailed the brakes,.There is a kill switch once the bike gets to a certain lean angle. after the engine dies the abs stops functioning, hence the tire locking up and sliding out.
Nope. The kill switch kill the abs after the bike reaches a certain angle. To get to that angle it would have had to be already going sideways so the skid had started. Linked brakes are even worse as they usually try to apply 75% braking to the front and 35% to the rear which is about optimum for motorcycle braking under normal conditions. To initiate a slide you usually need at least 60% back brake that the back tries to overtake the front. That is what makes the bike go sideways and lets you lay it down. On dirt its abit different. Bikes are taller, grip is less and you can initiate a slide by wacking open the throttle, which would take a lot of power on the road, sort of like doing donuts in a car. I am genuinely curious because I had a friend kille by the ABS of a honda VFR800. She was a dirt rider as well and knew exactly what she should have done, but the abs did not let her RIP
I've ridden for 38 years and race and like to drag knees on the weekends at home in the states. Idk the reflex/forza max lean angle but regardless if you have the knowledge you say you do, you know if someone runs out in front of you there are a few options to take. Hit them, try to turn and miss them, or brake and then a combo. Brake and turn. So without the rear end kicked out it is absolutely possible to lean far enough for kill switch to engage. If he also happened to be breaking hard, after the ecu disabled the engine and abs then the slide and lay down

Regardless, riding is my passion that all of my spare time is spent on. I belong to huge club that rides tracks and cannons sport bikes only. Not these baby motors either. I've never seen one person lay down a bike intentionally. That's usually the excuse/crutch given afterwards to recover their pride.
Still here, in country...
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm
He said how already. He nailed the brakes,.There is a kill switch once the bike gets to a certain lean angle. after the engine dies the abs stops functioning, hence the tire locking up and sliding out.
Nope. The kill switch kill the abs after the bike reaches a certain angle. To get to that angle it would have had to be already going sideways so the skid had started. Linked brakes are even worse as they usually try to apply 75% braking to the front and 35% to the rear which is about optimum for motorcycle braking under normal conditions. To initiate a slide you usually need at least 60% back brake that the back tries to overtake the front. That is what makes the bike go sideways and lets you lay it down. On dirt its abit different. Bikes are taller, grip is less and you can initiate a slide by wacking open the throttle, which would take a lot of power on the road, sort of like doing donuts in a car. I am genuinely curious because I had a friend kille by the ABS of a honda VFR800. She was a dirt rider as well and knew exactly what she should have done, but the abs did not let her RIP
I've ridden for 38 years and race and like to drag knees on the weekends at home in the states. Idk the reflex/forza max lean angle but regardless if you have the knowledge you say you do, you know if someone runs out in front of you there are a few options to take. Hit them, try to turn and miss them, or brake and then a combo. Brake and turn. So without the rear end kicked out it is absolutely possible to lean far enough for kill switch to engage. If he also happened to be breaking hard, after the ecu disabled the engine and abs then the slide and lay down

Regardless, riding is my passion that all of my spare time is spent on. I belong to huge club that rides tracks and cannons sport bikes only. Not these baby motors either. I've never seen one person lay down a bike intentionally. That's usually the excuse/crutch given afterwards to recover their pride.
Yoiu said exactly what i been saying "So without the rear end kicked out it is absolutely possible to lean far enough for kill switch to engage." The abs and linked braking would have to stop working to get the arse end out on a road.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

You are wrong about combined braking. You have it backwards more power goes to the rear brake and less to the front I think mine is 80% rear 20% front. The angle can be achieved before going sideways but like I said can't really tell you the exact process as it happened in the blink of an eye and instinctually so the process I did was as I have done many times before. All I can say is I laid it down was at the 90 degree angle all done in less than 50 feet and didn't kill the kid. As for it being taller it is not it has a lower seat height than a little honda dream etc
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

pczz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:43 pm
Ravensnest wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Yoiu said exactly what i been saying "So without the rear end kicked out it is absolutely possible to lean far enough for kill switch to engage." The abs and linked braking would have to stop working to get the arse end out on a road.
Well at this point all I can say is you are wrong somewhere in you analysis because I laid the bike down. How I can't really say but used the same process as I've used riding before. I don't really understand why you would think I am lying. What would be my motive for doing so ?
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
freeredcaz
Tourist

Post by freeredcaz »

I have a slightly older model forza. I think there's only 3 or 4 in the country. It's a great bike and very nippy. I would highly recommend it
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

freeredcaz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:50 pm I have a slightly older model forza. I think there's only 3 or 4 in the country. It's a great bike and very nippy. I would highly recommend it
I agree love the bike.
Do you have a service manual ? The PDF is online tells all you need to know for any maintenance or repairs let me know if you want the link.
If you need a good place to order original parts from the US let me know. I completely rebuild the top end with a head, valves, cam, timing chain, etc. and all the electrical components ,stator, coil, pulse generator, plus the regular stuff like new drive belt so I've got a little experience getting parts.
Unfortunately it such a hassle to renew my license because the license in the states expired and my advanced age that I need to sell it but no one has even looked. I guess they are afraid of barang not being able to transfer the registration or something, tho I rode it for years without a problem just showed them the copy of the card (as I keep the original at home) without any problems.
I've even dropped the price to $1000. an over $2000. loss
jimi hendrix
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Obviously $1000 isn’t it.

Maxi scooters I’m not very popular with anyone. Eg niche market in Cambodia.
Peter
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Peter »

Is it still available?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

SOLD
jimi hendrix
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Well done beaker :thumb:

It took a year and a 6 page thread, but you did it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic