The $3 massage parlours near Street 136

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Randolphgb
Expatriate
Great Britain

The $3 massage parlours near Street 136

Post by Randolphgb »

I've seen a lot of these $3 massage shops. Last night I walked past a few just off Street 136 (walking past Corner Bar and towards Street 148).

All the girls were outside trying to get customers but the price seems too low. I asked how much for 'boom boom' and they said $5.

Presumably these places are clip joints and the price goes up the moment the pants are down. Has anybody tried them?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: The $3 massage parlours near Street 136

Post by frank lee bent »

it is reported they steal from punters
CommandoRed
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by CommandoRed »

It will cost you few dollars more and probably your health.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:33 am it is reported they steal from punters
At best, the $3 massage shops are trying to get the punters in for a quick hand job, at worst they are intentional thieves who will steal your wallet or switch your money for fake dollars.
I went to a $3 place to see what would happen, (lol, testing for you guys :voilent4: ), but since I kept my money close to me from the start and I just wanted a "massage" massage, the woman basically gave me a 3 minute massage and told me to fk off.
I posted about this before. It was a sleezy place on 172.

Two examples here about foreigners being robbed, but if you do a CEO forum news search there are also a lot of Khmers getting robbed in these joints as well.
newsworthy/foreigner-nabs-phone-accusin ... 31705.html
general-chatter/female-belgiun-tourist- ... 30428.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Go with $3, take a fiver in your sock in case extra costs extra and take a jimmy hat. Leave your wallet at home. The worst that will happen is you get robbed of your fiver and your condom and waste 5 minutes of your life.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Randolphgb wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:46 pm I've seen a lot of these $3 massage shops. Last night I walked past a few just off Street 136 (walking past Corner Bar and towards Street 148).

All the girls were outside trying to get customers but the price seems too low. I asked how much for 'boom boom' and they said $5.

Presumably these places are clip joints and the price goes up the moment the pants are down. Has anybody tried them?
You might be referring to the one on st5 behind Ostro on the corner of st5/136. If so, that is the one that relieved this guy of $3000. post344658.html?hilit=oily%20massage#p344658
Taylornative
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Taylornative »

Hey guys I’m new to the area I live in the Kandal providence and I have been looking for a place to get a massage there is some places by me one is for 15,000 riel and the others are for 10,000 idk which to choose or the best time to go can anyone help
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Some of the workers look very young too. Hasn't been reported here but that could be another angle for them if they can't tax your wallet.And if it did happen- who's gonna report it- not the "punter". Not sure if "it was only a massage" would do much good.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

It's weird how these places have proliferated so quickly. They all use similar signs and if you look, most have a bed and a sofa and do not look smart or anything like what a proper massage salon would look like. And if you look, women start calling out to you in a fairly aggressive way. It seems bizarre that they are being tolerated when there is a gradual tendency to clean up PP and they seem to have a business model that is based on theft and sexual services. I have never seen a customer go in or out of one but OTOH why would they proliferate?
The $3 or $5 massage signs that they all use have been in PP for a long time in less central areas and I understand the cheap "massage" in that case was actually referring to coining which the locals frequently feel the need for.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic