Farang keeps leopard in Pattaya house.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Farang keeps leopard in Pattaya house.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Thai caption: Leopard as a "guard cat"

4th Sept 2019

Yesterday the couple were slammed for keeping a dangerous pet.

Reporters from 77kaoded went to the house in Na Jomtien in the Pattaya area where a Thai woman and her foreign husband are keeping a leopard.

They said that there was a high fence all around the property and that the foreign man who is the wife of Nitaya Isarasin was "prowling about inside the house" as their reporters took pictures outside.

The fully grown leopard at the Pattaya house is a four year old called Typhoon who animal rights activist Edwin Wiek described as potentially dangerous.

Yesterday the 77kaoded reporters were not let in by someone they described as looking after the house. No further details could be revealed, they were told.

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/39624 ... ters-visit
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Farang keeps leopard in Pattaya house.

Post by Clutch Cargo »

In Pattaya

fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Clickbait article. The couple legally own 2 leopards and are treating one for illness. The police let them keep it but asked them to adjust the fence.

I guess there's some kind of leopard permit and they have it.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Not quite as bad as when they used to keep them in their Architecture business office in Central Jomtien a few years ago. The police raided that office in 2015 and found a range of exotic creatures being kept on the premises, I remember it well because I drove past as the raid was in progress and a bit later in the afternoon had the unnerving experience of a massive baboon/ape staring at me in my living room from my condo balcony railing. Absolutely convinced it was in one of the cages they had out the back and they'd released it before the police got there, it was a relatively short distance through the undergrowth from their offices down to my condo building.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic