Man Arrested with 2487.82 Grams of Mixed Drugs

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Man Arrested with 2487.82 Grams of Mixed Drugs

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): A 31-year-old man, Sok Matly, was arrested for drug trafficking on August 31, 2019, at 05:10 am, in Phnom Penh.

The raid was ordered Lieutenant General Mok Chito, Deputy police chief of Phnom Penh police station, and Lieutenant Lek Vannak, director of the anti-drug department, and the raid was led by Lieutenant En song, Deputy director of the anti-drug department, while the overall operation was coordinated by prosecutor, Plang Sokphal.

The police confiscated ecstasy powder 1,563.90 g, ecstasy pills 224.91 g, Ketamine powder 419.15 g, Ice 276,04 g, other drugs 3.82 g, two scales, and a phone.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Man Arrested with 2487.82 Grams of Mixed Drugs

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

For years now, i have been shaking my head, rolling my eyes and pursing my lips at these stories.
But just now i realised - I don't have a flocking clue.

Embarrassing to ask, at this late stage, ummm errr..
What exactly is Ketamine, and what are it's effects??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:06 pm
It's a dissociative drug used as an anesthetic all over the world. In very large doses such as those used in operating wards it will knock a person out, but due to strange hallucinations on "re-entry" it is mostly used for paediatric/ geriatric patients. Unlike many opioid -type painkillers/ anesthetics it doesn't have a bad effect on the respiratory system. It was invented in the early 60s and used as a battlefield anesthetic in Vietnam. The movie "Altered States" is about a scientist who was a world authority on Dolphin communication and invented flotation tanks. He took loads of Ketamine and talked with interplanetary beings and went nuts.
As for its recreational use, it is as I said a dissociative drug. This basically means that a gap is created between your body and mind and that void is filled with anything you can dream up. It's hallucinogenic basically. It's supposedly good for depression but can make people a bit wonky and prone to accidents. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:06 pm
... is about a scientist who was a world authority on Dolphin communication
.. He took loads of Ketamine and talked with interplanetary beings and went nuts.
Thanks JB, excellent description.

PS, I started hanging around with dolphins and went mad too.
- started seeing them in all strange colours.
It may not be the ketamine that sent the scientist nuts.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ketamine is a great drug when properly used and monitored.

Because of it’s dissociative properties, patients with severe injuries don’t actually feel pain happening to them. When mixed with benzodiazepines, they have good dreams. Also a useful adjunct in treating pain.

Preserves respiration and cardiac output. Great with patients with bad lung disease and poor hearts.

Bad parts, are will promote secretions, make more phlegm to cough off (counteracted by gylco or atropine), can cause heart attacks because it increases heart rates (with heart disease), screws up somatosensory monitors, etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic