Kayaking The 4000 Islands.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Kayaking The 4000 Islands.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:50 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 am ^^ You should do more than 20 k/day Andy. even with a low flow.
I averaged 35km a day on the Murray paddle with a couple 65km days thrown in which I didn't find particularly difficult, just long - kayaking into the night is an interesting way to experience a river.
AndyKK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:14 pm
pczz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:49 pm Lot of dams to get round
Portage isn't a particularly fun part of river journeys, it's true, though some consolation in doing Asian waterways would be the willingness of a few locals to hump gear, for a reasonable fee.
Kung-fu Hillbilly is this appealing? If you ever get round to it, or something similar give me a call if you want a paddle companion. :hattip:
Andy, do you know of anyone who hires out kayaks in Cambodia?
I don't! But I know of someone with a hotel who has a few, he was saying too me to come and play with the boats some time ago. I can ask if he would hire, but I would have thought not, due to damage or loss, but also how much would the rentals be! If planning some time rental maybe not far off cost. Then at least you have the option to keep or sell. Boats for sale Phnom Penh I think I saw some not long ago. I also asked a member on this forum not long ago, if he would consider bringing one from Bangkok for me, but that will involve import tax.
I'm in Cambodia in February or March which might serve as a bit of a reconnaissance period for later in the year after the rains (Sept/Aug?). Perhaps you may like to meet (and any others interested in a paddle) for a quiet beer.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm
AndyKK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:50 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 am ^^ You should do more than 20 k/day Andy. even with a low flow.
I averaged 35km a day on the Murray paddle with a couple 65km days thrown in which I didn't find particularly difficult, just long - kayaking into the night is an interesting way to experience a river.
AndyKK wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:14 pm
Portage isn't a particularly fun part of river journeys, it's true, though some consolation in doing Asian waterways would be the willingness of a few locals to hump gear, for a reasonable fee.
Kung-fu Hillbilly is this appealing? If you ever get round to it, or something similar give me a call if you want a paddle companion. :hattip:
Andy, do you know of anyone who hires out kayaks in Cambodia?
I don't! But I know of someone with a hotel who has a few, he was saying too me to come and play with the boats some time ago. I can ask if he would hire, but I would have thought not, due to damage or loss, but also how much would the rentals be! If planning some time rental maybe not far off cost. Then at least you have the option to keep or sell. Boats for sale Phnom Penh I think I saw some not long ago. I also asked a member on this forum not long ago, if he would consider bringing one from Bangkok for me, but that will involve import tax.
I'm in Cambodia in February or March which might serve as a bit of a reconnaissance period for later in the year after the rains (Sept/Aug?). Perhaps you may like to meet (and any others interested in a paddle) for a quiet beer.
Yes, I am in and sounds good to me.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Post by YeP »

Feelfree Kayaks in S/Ville have Kayaks for sale starting from $660 USD
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic