Woman Arrested for Stealing an iPhone and iPad

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Arrested for Stealing an iPhone and iPad

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On August 31, 2019, at 4:20 pm, a 23-year-old woman, Sok Chailin, was arrested for stealing an iPhone and an iPad from a company employee on street 403, Sangkat Rousey Keo, Phnom Penh.

Lieutenant Kol Yi, Khan Rousey Keo inspector, reported that the victim has been identified as Poeuk Samnang, a 37-year-old male company employee. An iPhone 5 and an iPadAir2, were confiscated from the thief and returned to the victim. The police are preparing the case for submitting to the court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Woman Arrested for Stealing an iPhone and iPad

Post by MarkRobinson »

This a major reason why I don't live here permanently, however much I love the country & a majority of its citizens.It is not unusual for fellow employees, neighbors & even blood relatives to steal of each other.A majority of the Westerners I have encountered over the years who have been ripped off ,lied to or scamed by their Wives /" girlfriends " is staggering.
I am well aware that these occurances happen elsewhere, ,but not to the same extent.The Women here are " Olympic - standard"thieves and bull- shit artists . Most of the Males that team up with local females ,think with their dick _ _Not their brain,Eventually they get ripped off and stooged.
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:25 pm This a major reason why I don't live here permanently, however much I love the country & a majority of its citizens.It is not unusual for fellow employees, neighbors & even blood relatives to steal of each other.A majority of the Westerners I have encountered over the years who have been ripped off ,lied to or scamed by their Wives /" girlfriends " is staggering.
I am well aware that these occurances happen elsewhere, ,but not to the same extent.The Women here are " Olympic - standard"thieves and bull- shit artists . Most of the Males that team up with local females ,think with their dick _ _Not their brain,Eventually they get ripped off and stooged.
A large proportion of those who arrive in the future will fall for the same thing. The girlfriends/wives think they are clever, and the boyfriends/husbands are stupid.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

MarkRobinson wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:25 pm A majority of the Westerners I have encountered over the years who have been ripped off ,lied to or scamed by their Wives /" girlfriends " is staggering.
But you previously posted about your familiarity with a Scottish junkie scammer from Streets 172 and 51. Perhaps your mates who got ripped off were often dating hookers?

If your friends date hookers and get ripped off this is not a reason to think badly of Cambodians generally.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

loose lips sink ships?
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

One woman steals an ipad and an iphone. Petty theft. This probably wouldn't even be reported in the west. :facepalm:

Check out all the terrible stuff that goes on in the UK, the US, and Oz everyday in the news. Yet nobody with a grain of sense is going to say that ALL westerners are wife beaters, child abusers, murderers. And as I said, most petty thefts in the west are not even reported in the news because there are so many of them.

And seriously, for you people who know so many Cambodian thieves and scammers, it might be time to change your social circle. Most Cambodians are not hookers, drug dealers, or scammers.
If your friends date hookers and get ripped off this is not a reason to think badly of Cambodians generally.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

If you read any of the subreddits about finance, relationships, etc. you will read a lot of requests for advice from people getting ripped off by family members.

Grandma leaves money to grandkids in her will but the kid's parent spends it all and says "tough shit."

Adult children stealing from senile parents.

Parents open a joint checking account for their teenager, the kid gets a job and saves up a few thousand dollars for school or a car or a trip overseas, and then the parent withdraws all the money from the account and says "I don't like how you plan to spend this money so I'm taking it."
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

:dragonchase: Oii Mr Anchor Moy ; just because I have access & awareness of what's going on here does not imply that junkies,scammers/derros ,dishonest money "lending" guesthouse proprietors , or devious Scottish drug/alcohol victims are part of my social circle or considered friends.
As for your " guess that most petty crimes are Not reported" in our countries of birth ( N Z ,Europe ,USA ,etc ) you are inaccurate. Read the news papers from your home city /county,especially the smaller publications, follow regional internet forums & you to will see that thefts of expensive electronic gadgets ARE in fact reported & discussed.
I report /comment on the Facts ,incidents that not in dispute, and in the end I am prepaid to back up such aserssions with a friendly wagger & or my fists.Because being born in the year of The Dragon I possess fists of furry & I only bet to win..
When the student is ready , The teacher appears 🍄 .
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic