Millennials: A study and explanation

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Millennials: A study and explanation

Post by IraHayes »

A pretty good overview of the millennial generation and why they behave how they do.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Millennials: A study and explanation

Post by pczz »

And this is why they cannot afford mortgages
new iphone every 18 months
100 a month data package for fb
xbox, pklaystation or both
600 inch tv seat and massive sound system in the bedroom so they can
Enjoy their Netflicx and skysports package when
they are not jetting of to prague for aboys awayday

Sigh. My generation just stayed in with black and white tv and saved up but gues we were just dumb
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Reminds me of last week when I was in KL on a train during peak travel time. Jammed in like sardines and everyone gazing down into their phone.
Get back to PP airport and caught a City Bus,,, standing room only,, jammed in like sardines,,,, but everyone talking. Hardly one person looking at a phone.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

The whole instant gratification thing is what really struck a chord with me. Building relationships with people takes time and effort. Its not something i am fond if doing either but over time i do it. It us one of the reasons why , after 8 years working for my current employer, i am reluctant to move. I "know" everyone and they know me. They "know" i am reliable and i know how the school operates. This didn't happen overnight and i am loathe to throw this hard earned trust away for some minor problem that we can work out to our mutual benefit.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

I'm trying to run the Wes Watson school of life these days, take things away.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWUxLY ... ioUqL54Q8g
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

It seems to me older generations have always had difficulty understanding the the younger age groups and complain about them as they come along, it's always been the same.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:44 pm It seems to me older generations have always had difficulty understanding the the younger age groups and complain about them as they come along, it's always been the same. I
This is of course very true, the phone thing is out of hand though. It seems like no one can experience anything without "sharing it", or "pics or it didn't happen".
Walking in Bangkok one day I saw I woman walk into traffic, eyes glued to her phone, I managed to grab her as a taxi ran over her foot. After she recovered a bit I asked her what was so important on her phone that she would die for it. "I was posting to Instagram"...
Maybe I should have let Darwin do his thing
up to you...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

People in their 60's now experienced a very different work environment than what prevails today. In the 1960's and 1970's it was much easier to get well paid work in entry level jobs and spending power was much higher.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Japanese etiquette video for foreigners attending the 2020 Olympics.

On the bus, foreigner starts talking on the phone.

Big no no.

Must text on the phone, not talk. Must respect the peace and privacy of others. Texting is encouraged, talking is not.

Go figure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic