US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US Pedophile GEORGE THEROS Bought 9-Year-Old Girl in Thailand To Take Home

Post by frank lee bent »

Ok.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure.
Of course these parents know full well what they're selling their kids for
they knew why he wanted them.
Do we know this for sure? Smacks of western hat thinking if I may say.

Yes, they probably are really naive and ignorant. Presumably they are not worldly as the rest of us and rely on village gossip. Maybe they heard of other families having a western benefactor and doing well.. As NKOTB said, maybe they are hopeless drunks and gamblers. Or maybe they are in a desperate financial situation to survive and see any opportunity that comes along as solution to their woes. And after all, it's Asia and in some of the poorer farming areas, kids are seen as a commodity..extra field hands to work the farm and someone to look after the parents when they are old. And they hope that one of the kids will do good or strike it rich by marrying into a wealthier family and then their old age will be secure.

Hard for me to imagine what their state of mind was and their situation. We simply don't know. I just think we shouldn't judge too much in this regard. People do desperate things when their situation is dire and it's a question of survival often.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:30 pm
It would take a really naive and ignorant set of parents to sell their children and not have the thought cross their mind that his intentions are impure.
Of course these parents know full well what they're selling their kids for
they knew why he wanted them.
Do we know this for sure? Smacks of western hat thinking if I may say.
It is definitely judging Cambodians by a Western way of thinking.

There is so much false information in this topic, it would take a lot of writing to address all of the issues. It would be so long, people would not want to read it. Then those who don't understand Cambodian people wouldn't believe it anyway.
explorer wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 am
explorer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:53 pm Go and spend time in Cambodian villages, get to know the people, then come back and tell us the truth.
A lot of information on this forum is foreigners guessing about Cambodian culture, and how Cambodians think. If you actually go and spend a lot of time with Cambodian people, you can start to understand them.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Bedazzler! wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:42 pm
pczz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:17 am
And whatever is done to the pedo, someone needs to track down the person who sold the girl to him and do the same.
That’s harsh the parents just let him raise her because he had money and could pay to educate her. They had no reason to think he would sexually abuse her.

He’s a monster, they just trusted the wrong man.
I hope u r beig cynical. You cannot have paretns going around selling kids, and there is no way they did not know what her fate was. kids are sold to brothels, KTV and into maid service routinely, usually so the family can carry on getting drunk and gambling
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

pczz wrote:kids are sold to brothels, KTV and into maid service routinely, usually so the family can carry on getting drunk and gambling
There is strong sense of filial piety in the KOW, ie, a strong moral obligation to obey the parents wishes no matter the outcome, as well as a sense of Karma, ie fate, that it was destined to happen.

Unfortunately unscrupulous (or desperate) parents can take advantage of this. The kid willingly gets sold in order to be a good child, and comforts himself in the knowledge that he or she was destined to be sold.

Sad, and cynically bleak outlook on life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic