Finnish Tourist Riku Pöntinen Arrested in Sihanoukville, Cambodia For Being a Violent Punk Rocker

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Pot_a_hontas
Tourist
Korea North

Re: Finnish Tourist Riku Pöntinen Arrested in Sihanoukville, Cambodia For Being a Violent Punk Rocker

Post by Pot_a_hontas »

RikuPontinen888
Expatriate
Finland

Re: Finnish Tourist Riku Pöntinen Arrested in Sihanoukville, Cambodia For Being a Violent Punk Rocker

Post by RikuPontinen888 »

My two years long black list in Cambodia is now over & i find myself every third day planning come back. Obviously with different attitude & set up.
If some of you inside the country could provide me with some information i would be more than thankful & go futher with my plans.

My questions are :
- Is it still possible to have +6 months visas without visa trips or hassle just with handing out your passport for someone to handle it out.
- Is Sihanoukville still cheap or are prices how much up. Example 2017 accommodation was in Cozy single room 110$ & in the Sarang GH 150$ for the very nice studio.
- Is there more trash around now-a-days since I truly hate pests. Specially rats around makes me feel very un-comfortable. 2017 I could tolerate situation.
- Is there same amount of the weed still available or are they cracking weed scene hard?
- Prices of the food & groceries? Any increase?
- Anything else i should consider as minus and not come back.

I am looking for the 100% Fitness holiday with 100% discipline.

Have no issues with Chinese takeover which is 100% fact since the last time i have been KPS.
Even have the name Wung given by Sihanoukville`an Chinese at last time there.
Chinese woman is also very Wang 4 Me, been dating them already.
So I don`t complain, not even one bit about it. I would be a wang`ba 4 Myself if I would.

I think about Thailand & Vietnam route but Visa is issue since I can have 3 months continually on both and then must move on. I do not want to do that.
& I feel like last time I was not complete with My Khmer experience & I need more.

I also want to thank Cambodia Expat Online keeping me entertainment you are providing. Also more serious issues which i love to read.
Been here reading daily since the 2017 when i did found myself posted up from here.

Instagram : # Wung888
Yo Yo Yo, It`s Me. That Cambodian Punk Rocker. Famous ASF in the Cambodian Hoooood.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

1. You can get 1 month E visa on arrival and extend with 6 month as EG type. After 7 months you must cross the border to do it again.
2. No, prices in Sihanoukville are drastically up. You won't even recognize the place anymore. Forget Sihanohkville, it belongs to China now. Rents are up at least 500% and you may find that as a Westerner they simply won't let you rent.
3. Trash situation has not changed where I am.
4. There have been a lot of crackdowns on weed but it is still available and the prices have not changed.
5. Food and groceries cost the same.
6. You should consider the China takeover more. You underestimate the amount. There are no more Cambodians or Westerners in Sihanoukville. There is construction everywhere in Phnom Penh. I don't exaggerate when I say everywhere.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

amazing, this thread started in 2017.
So once your life gets commented on online/social media......your followed and fucked for life...

some people otof have had their lies commented on since the forum first started..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 pm What is it with this "Bi-polar" nonsense. Doctors diagnosed this has what? You can't control your own moods and actions. Prescribe them medication, give them huge benefits. And they all come to Cambodia!!!!
by Jerry Atrick » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:20 pm
It's no nonsense. It's what used to be called "manic-depression".
People get manic, and then depressed.
Some people can cycle through both states very quickly, others take weeks or months.
Some are more severely affected.

Riku Pöntinen I may be a little hard on the illness side as Jerry Atrick has pointed out too me. But you see I have seen it being an excuse for some in my country to claim benefits, rather than work. Also, I have known (when I had the bar here) a good few people who claim they have Bi-polar, and could not work because they could turn violent on their work colleagues, or members of the public. So, on claiming benefit's, now it is time for these people to have holiday. Cambodia does, or did seem to be on their travel list. I met one young lady who had done at least half of the world on the British governments benefit schemes, well-travelled but completely crazy.
I had never been a barman or restaurant owner before (who was the crazy one). The place I rented did a few repairs and started to decorate, because I suppose I have always been busy, my past trade you could relate to refurbishment. So, the bar was the result of being the easy thing to do, even after all the "don't ever open a bar" especially in Cambodia. I have to admit it certainly was no plan, only a small development to keep me occupied until I could think of something else. I managed all the legalities (with a little of help and advice from members on this forum). Employed one Khmer fulltime staff and one other on a casual basics. We opened for 5 hours 6-7 days per week and despite many saying I would lose money, we did not in 3 years, but we didn't make much ether. Swings and roundabouts, you could safely say. But never the less after I had paid the staff, rent and bills, stock, my living was about free. But let us not stray too far from the illness and what it may or may not do! Only had two customers who caused a problem, one sat in the doorway pissed on 50 cent Klang beer with a little mixed herbs to keep chatty with other drinkers. "You now have a problem" he said "I am not going to leave". I carried on cleaning the glasses from the bar, even that he was a stubborn old sod, the girls got him too his hotel.
On another occasion the guy (siting at the outside tables) was a Korean and his brother whom were deported from the States (they were more serious) trying to force triple Jacks on the girls, now the girls answered that they did not want Whisky, it was at the stage of roughly man handling them, because they refused, It could not go on, I rushed outside towards them, telling them firmly to leave the girls alone and drink up and leave, one said "are you going to hit me"? I said OK but wait, has I turned to go back in the bar, has I picked up the rolling-pin and turned back, the brothers were running up the road, I even had to return a pair of shoes to one of them, due to him leaving them beside the chair, now on his quick departure. The older brother came and paid the bill the next day, also saying they both would not come again. An English guy who became a regular at the bar on his monthly visits to Koh Kong, told me he also he had Bi-polar and if he got out of hand just let him know! I think this guy was only a scammer, you see he would bring a few massage girls to the bar and buy them all a drink, but once one agreed to go to his hotel, he would refuse to pay for the other girls’ drinks. (best to get money up front).
Then the poor refugees from Sihanoukville wanting to pay 1000reil per beer, then I had decided this isn't fun no more, time to wrap it up.
The illness so many I didn't know had or may have, or may not, and that's the point that doctors can't really say, they have not.

Bipolar I disorder, also known as manic depressive disorder, bipolar 1 is characterized by mania whereas bipolar 2 is characterized by hypomania.
Bipolar 3 doesn’t actually exist, at least not in strict medical parlance. But most people who work in the field say that there is definitely a third type of bipolar disorder. One in which you have a family history of bipolar disorder and you become hypomanic only after treatment with antidepressants for a major depressive episode.
But then further reading - Cyclothymia, also known as Bipolar disorder type 3, is a mood disorder, and a relative of the widely recognized bipolar disorder. It’s often misunderstood or misdiagnosed as clinical depression and not readily distinguished from Bipolar 1 and 2. Cyclothymia causes disruptive, involuntary mood swings as in bipolar 1 and 2. However, the main differentiator is the manic highs in Cyclothymia are not as severe as in Bipolar 1, and the depressive state is milder than in Bipolar 2. And, between these opposing states, there is stability and a sense of calm.

Mania can cause other symptoms as well, but seven of the key signs of this phase of bipolar disorder are:
1. feeling overly happy or “high” for long periods of time
2. having a decreased need for sleep
3. talking very fast, often with racing thoughts
4. feeling extremely restless or impulsive
5. becoming easily distracted
6. having overconfidence in your abilities
7. engaging in risky behaviour, such as having impulsive sex, gambling with life savings, or going on big spending sprees

Like mania, depression can cause other symptoms as well, but here are seven of the key signs of depression from bipolar disorder:
1. feeling sad or hopeless for long periods of time
2. withdrawing from friends and family
3. losing interest in activities that you once enjoyed
4. having a significant change in appetite
5. feeling severe fatigue or lack of energy
6. having problems with memory, concentration, and decision making
7. thinking about or attempting suicide, or having a preoccupation with death

lithium in the Cambodian hospital you say is it available only on prescription or can it be obtained over the counter at Pharmacies.
Also do you know of any doctors or help for people with this condition, more so Khmer, due too who may be diagnosed proficiently then just a self-diagnosis or a matter of a guess.
It is a serious request, I thought it was just the way of the Khmer lady (no disrespect to anyone).
I first noticed something more untoward with my partner, I looked on somethings in a different light since she was diagnosed with a terminal illness. But somethings just can’t be ignored! Such as a return visit back to her doctor to get information about some new tablets, she would not come inside, you can imagen the setting, it was raining she was outside the doctors surgery and decided to try to smash up my moto, myself and the doctor were discussing her tablets and also watching this crazy person beating the shit out of the moto with a bottle of drinking water. I asked if he had any medication for this situation? The serious reply was “for you Sir” my reply was not yet, please making a prescription for her and possibly me at a later date.

I notice Fax has given you some very good up to date advise, if you happen to find yourself coming back to the Kingdom of Wonder, and anywhere in Phnom Penh area, drop me a message and we can meet up for a jar or two.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian community mental health services.
https://tpocambodia.org/community-menta ... -programs/

Some other suggestions on this thread: ask-the-expats-questions-answers/compet ... h%20clinic
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic