Retirement Visa to Working visa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bestsmilemd
Tourist
Australia

Retirement Visa to Working visa

Post by bestsmilemd »

A retirement visa holder is not allowed to work but if became bored, can that person apply for a change to working visa? What complications to expect? I am a 62yo medical doctor hoping to get a license to do some work part time. Any advise?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Retirement Visa to Working visa

Post by frank lee bent »

talk to Dr Dmitri Scuffi in Kampot. He has obtained a license after an arduous process. You will find him on facebook.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Would it not be easier to go out of the country and come back and then get a new E ??? visa .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Being a doctor may just help you obtain what you wish, also you would be contributing to the countries need.
Duncan it would not make any difference with your recent visa being on a database. When my visa is due again for renewal next year, I am going to try with the immigration official's, due to my problem with the visa! I returned to the Kingdom and was unable to get my tax patent in time (their time) before visa renewal. The works and labour dept. Told me that the change due to the law, best because I qualified for the ER EOS, until changing back later. But then there was new laws made that we see now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

US Embassy was advertising for a part time physicians while ago. Part time job involved providing health care for employees and their families, creating, and coordinating outreaches into the remote villages, and being on call 24/7, with extended duties at any time. Applications must have a valid medical license in the US and active board certification.

All as a part time job. And paid a resident’s salary (or less).

Interested?
bestsmilemd
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmilemd »

Any leads would be most appreciated: eg website or email contacts?
bestsmilemd
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmilemd »

Tried various leads but no success but thanks for info. It appears that locals are not so interested in getting experienced foreign talents; maybe due to fear of competition. My intention is just to help out local needs. Unable to get medical license due to no offer of employment. Any other way around it? I even tried getting lecturing jobs at the local university so as to share some of the medical knowledge I have accumulated over the years. Prof said there are obstacles but did not elaborate. Her English seems somewhat limited.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

bestsmilemd wrote:Tried various leads but no success but thanks for info. It appears that locals are not so interested in getting experienced foreign talents; maybe due to fear of competition. My intention is just to help out local needs. Unable to get medical license due to no offer of employment. Any other way around it? I even tried getting lecturing jobs at the local university so as to share some of the medical knowledge I have accumulated over the years. Prof said there are obstacles but did not elaborate. Her English seems somewhat limited.
Such a shame, you could be a real asset.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic