American DANE ALEC BUTLER Found Dead in Newcastle Guesthouse in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American DANE ALEC BUTLER Found Dead in Newcastle Guesthouse in Phnom Penh

Post by cautious colin »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 pm
jaynewcastle wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:56 pm OD'ing on drugs must be the main cause of death for western people visiting Cambodia

The numbers just keep racking up, year after year

You feel sorry for the families & friends affected in every case
Sure, but I'd imagine that many of these people have already been on a downward spiral before they ever got here. The relatively easy availability of OTC medicines that need prescriptions in other countries is one element, and there are also lots of dodgy people around selling illegal narcotics if you want to look for them. Personally I had seen all that shit before I ever hit these shores and never had time for it since, it's fun to mess around when you are young but if you get dependent on anything you are no use to anybody. You can make what you like out of life wherever you go, but for some people this will be a "final destination" for years to come, there are many sites on the internet where they discuss this, and lots of subreddits full of reports from junkies who land here and think it's paradise for a while and either slowly extract themselves or stop posting (die). It's kind of depressing but I don't have enough tears for the whole world. 8)
Agreed, Cambodia attracts the very people that should stay away.

The Kingdom of wonder is not the country for people without limits. Or it won’t be for long
[email protected]
Tourist
American Samoa

Post by [email protected] »

I need access to darknet I know this guy personaly admin
[email protected]
Tourist
American Samoa

how do I get on darknet
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

[email protected] wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:50 am how do I get on darknet
You need to contribute to the forum with 20 posts then request access.

There are pictures of Dane's body laying in bed. I don't recommend viewing them.
[email protected]
Tourist
American Samoa

the funny thing is dane did not do meth in idaho so im not sure what happened. I know he drank.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

[email protected] wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:09 am the funny thing is dane did not do meth in idaho so im not sure what happened. I know he drank.
He tested positive for AMP, MET and OPI. That's all they tested for. It is possible the test result was a false positive.

They found a package of 4 Zeagra tablets in his room. 2 pills were missing from the package. At 100 mg each, perhaps 200 was just enough to trigger a heart attack.

For what it's worth he does not look like the average junkie we see passing through this news section in articles about similar deaths.

Sorry for your loss.
[email protected]
Tourist
American Samoa

thankyou
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Condolences
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@ [email protected] Sorry you lost your friend.
I agree with Fax. Best not to see the photos and to remember him when he was alive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic