Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by Mishmash »

Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bunny Bar on Street 104 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia Raided by Police for Prostitution & Underage Staff

Post by kgbagent »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:01 pm Unlikely

lets see... my company has 160+ staff - any underage - Nooooooo... all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo.

Stop blaming the IDs

They knew what they were doing and the nonces got caught - good story.

Stop defending the nonces - it makes me sick - the Police and all units involved were and are correct.
I am not defending anyone u judgmental fookwit - who are your 160+ staff? an old aged home? Actually I suspect you are a Mormon with 5 wives. You personally confirm their credentials how? And the old "all my barang expat friends who have companies have underage staff... Nooooo" --- bullshit argument is twaddle as well - you all go for drinkies at the FCC and talk about that subject?

You are a naive person if you don't know about ID swapping in all of SEA ( not just Cambodia ) for decades - my wife worked in Malaysia for 3 years from when she was 15 using her sisters passport.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

I am sorry if i offended you personally - i did not think it through.

I can dox myself with the companies for sure.. however we do actually have the staff stated.

I am only a partner in two companies on the web, also my own company which you can also see on the web.

Again I am sorry If I cause you offense - however ID's including my wife and kids are plastic, legible, and traceable.

I am fairly sure, that all IDS were renewed before the last election and have a unique and easily recognizable ID - pretty much like our national health or SS numbers issued at birth.

That said - sure - anyone can steal or forge an ID.

So I agree your points only my finger is pointed at Bunny Bar - not you - - and if I am judgemental then that's because I happen to care about my kids and everyone else's.

That's all - again - sorry if you thought i was personal. I step down now. Good luck and keep safe
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm I am sorry if i offended you personally - i did not think it through.

I can dox myself with the companies for sure.. however we do actually have the staff stated.

I am only a partner in two companies on the web, also my own company which you can also see on the web.

Again I am sorry If I cause you offense - however ID's including my wife and kids are plastic, legible, and traceable.

I am fairly sure, that all IDS were renewed before the last election and have a unique and easily recognizable ID - pretty much like our national health or SS numbers issued at birth.

So I agree your points only my finger is pointed at Bunny Bar - not you - - and if I am judgemental then that's because I happen to care about my kids and everyone else's.

That's all - again - sorry if you thought i was personal. I step down now. Good luck and keep safe
@Mishmash - be assured that only a very, very small minority of CEO users will defend nonces. If the defenders are not apparent already, they will be soon enough (if they haven't already been banned). The majority here would probably all like a few minutes alone with these kinds of people with a rusty, blunt pair of pliers. Your passion is admirable, I for one salute it. Peace!! :beer3: :hattip:
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 pm I am sorry if i offended you personally - i did not think it through.

Thanks for your reply

If you run a larger professional company then your employees are more likely to be legit but spare a thought for the small business owner - guesthouse / bar / minimart - who needs casual staff for menial work and doesn't have time nor possibility to check references correctly. It does not mean they have bad intentions and Cambodia is full of underage employees in both Khmer and Barang businesses.

If I owned a hostess bar in Cambodia - which I do not and never have - then the ID issue for me would be paramount. If these owners/ managers of Bunny Bar did not do due diligence then they are at fault but seeing as neither were newbies to the business I am surprised they left themselves exposed
katz
Tourist

Post by katz »

What happened at Bunny Bar is a glowing example of what happens when you do not pay your tea money to the police.

katz
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

katz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:03 am What happened at Bunny Bar is a glowing example of what happens when you do not pay your tea money to the police.

katz
I suspect that there is more to it than that -both those barangs know their way around the traps - I lean towards a disgruntled cashier or someone who wants a cheap buy of the real estate. Under the old long time owner 'extras' upstairs by the pool table were allowed for years and I am sure the 'gift' arrangement was well explained at time of sale transfer. I dont think any long term visitor on the bar scene would have ever associated Bunny as a place for younger women - more a venue for older hardened girls
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Thanks to all at CEO who allowed me to express my rather strong opinions without censorship.

If I offended any innocents - I apologize - beers are on me.

To any guilty parties - well... No beers for you..

Thanks to the mods for keeping the sanity.

Good thread.

Thanks again for not demolishing a newbie poster who has been here 10 years - I appreciate it.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

MarkNZ wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:48 pm
mouytiet wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 pm Ive known Shane for years and I find this all very hard to believe, more to this than meets the eye do think.
I know Shane too he’s a great bloke saved my ass one night in Sihanoukville when my hair caught fire.
Quite the character reference sir.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Just remember the inside of PIEMAN's mouth is exactly the same as the inside of a hostess's mouth. When you have a bar you have different pay grades and terms for people in different roles, so you have a separate scheme for those doing the sucking as those doing the bar work, dog walking and fetching beer from the shop. So you know perfectly well what everyone is there for and what they are being paid. The manager knows exactly what is going on with whom.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic