School Teacher Shot and Killed on Motorbike in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

School Teacher Shot and Killed on Motorbike in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: A killer shot dead a teacher from Tuol Prasat Secondary School, and the suspects escaped from the scene at 11 pm on August 27, 2019 in Sen Sok district in Phnom Penh.

Authorities say the victim's name was Roeun Ratana, a 34-year-old Cambodian national, who was a teacher at Tuol Prasat Secondary School in Sen Sok Village 5, Sen Sok district.
A witness said that the victim was driving along the road on his motorbike when unidentified shooters shot the man and drove off, leaving him for dead next to his bike. The victim was dead when police arrived.
A bullet case was found at the crime scene. Police are searching for three suspects.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Adam Xie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: School Teacher Shot and Killed on Motorbike in Phnom Penh

Post by Adam Xie »

this odd, usually it happens before election, and only happens to people that relating in politics, and arm robberies, rarely sees this happen in a normal day.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Wasn't there another schoolteacher killed 1-2 weeks ago by a jealous lover?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Adam Xie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:01 pm this odd, usually it happens before election, and only happens to people that relating in politics, and arm robberies, rarely sees this happen in a normal day.
Sen Sok has always been the shooting capital of PP as far as I'm aware - I got driven through a gang hold up leaving a wedding there about 12 years back. Living out in Toul Kork right on the edge of Sen Sok I'd quite often hear a gunshot in the night, probably once a fortnight back in those days.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:13 pm
Adam Xie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:01 pm this odd, usually it happens before election, and only happens to people that relating in politics, and arm robberies, rarely sees this happen in a normal day.
Sen Sok has always been the shooting capital of PP as far as I'm aware - I got driven through a gang hold up leaving a wedding there about 12 years back. Living out in Toul Kork right on the edge of Sen Sok I'd quite often hear a gunshot in the night, probably once a fortnight back in those days.
touch wood, in 8 months living in sensok i havent heard a gunshot or seen a gun, or indeed anything resembling aggro.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Soriya wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:27 pm
Spigzy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:13 pm
touch wood, in 8 months living in sensok i havent heard a gunshot or seen a gun, or indeed anything resembling aggro.
No doubt, it has cleaned up immensely since the bad old days. But if there's going to be a rare gun shot/ricochet, chances are it'll be somewhere around there late at night. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Those Guys were either pro’s or lucky. Killing one while driving a motorbike with Just one shot... Steady hands and great nerves needed.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Correction, it seems there was one shooter who fired three shots. (Not three men who fired one shot.)

August 29, 2019
Teacher gunned down in Phnom Penh

Police are currently looking to identify a person suspected of murdering a high school teacher in Phnom Penh’s Sen Sok district on Tuesday.

The incident took place at about midnight on a quiet road in Khmuonh commune in Phnom Penh’s Sen Sok district.

Captain Chuon Savuth, a district penal police officer, identified the victim as Roeun Ratana, 33, a teacher who taught at Tuol Prasath High School. The victim had a wife and two kids and lived in Sen Sok V village in Sen Sok district’s Khmuonh commune.

Cap Savuth said the victim was shot three times on his stomach and that his body was found near his motorbike in Khmuonh commune.

He noted that a witness, who lived nearby the scene of the crime, told him the victim was driving on his motorbike alone that evening.

“While the victim was driving on his motorbike, an unidentified person who was driving on a separate motorbike, chased after him, fired three bullets at the victim, which killed the victim on the spot,” Cap Savuth said.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50638041/t ... n-capital/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Missus said something about his wife hired the guy to kill her husband. Something about their marriage wasn’t getting along. He would do things she didn’t like such as scold her ex boyfriend. She has since fled and the cops are searching for her.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 am Missus said something about his wife hired the guy to kill her husband. Something about their marriage wasn’t getting along. He would do things she didn’t like such as scold her ex boyfriend. She has since fled and the cops are searching for her.
Still comfortable with your marriage? :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic