New Hospitals

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sailorman
Expatriate

New Hospitals

Post by Sailorman »

Anyone know the name of the new hospital in PP? Is it the one they were building just past the airport on the way into town? Thai connection?

The Japs seem to be funding the building of a new hospital in Snooky, anyone got any information on that one. Are they going to bring in Jap/foreign doctors? Maybe we will actually have a hospital in Snooky where you go to stay alive , not die.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Re: New Hospitals

Post by wackyjacky »

I don't know much other than a few years back, the head of the Thai Dusit Group (Bangkok Hospital, BNH, Samitivej etc) said they were going to close Royal Rattanak, move to a bigger joint and call it Royal Hospital. It appears the Japanese and the Viets are going to open in PP: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1163839 I know the German's opened a good one in Kampot. In Snook - no clue. Dogshit CT is expanding and on the sign next to the construction I remember seeing that they were going to be associated with some Thai Hospital. Found this though: http://www.cambodiadaily.com/archives/e ... -pm-61857/
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

OP...As Wackyjacky stated, the new hospital is partnered with BDMS, as is Royal Rattanak (which I don't believe will be closing anymore?) and Royal Angkor Intl, SR. IIRC the name of the new hospital is Royal Phnom Penh Hospital.
Georgina
Expatriate

Post by Georgina »

At the beginning of this month, when passing by Royal Ratanak I dropped in to inquire about getting a registered patient card (to avoid delays in an emergency). They were open but said they would not be getting any cards for week or so. I spoke briefly to a Caucasian woman in her 30s who looked like a Boeung Kang Kong NGO type. She was there with her young child. She said it was "OK". She did not wax effusive but indeed she was there, not somewhere else.

I do not know anything about how close to Bangkok Hospital group Royal Ratanak will be. They can't be much worse than before. I went to RR at 10 pm several years ago and they had no doctors on the premiss and would have to call someone in. Ugh! The new hospital looks all sparkling new, but question is how well-trained will the MDs and nurses be? How good will diagnostic equipment be? Will they have a defribulator, new model MRI etc?

As regards the public hospital, I was disappointed to hear that instead of importing physicians from Vietnam Cambodian doctors would go to Vietnam for what sounded awfully close to 3 and half days of training. It was probably weeks or a few months, but when i heard the length of training I remember I thought 'oh, geez - I am still going to have to cross the border. This is being turned into a Vietnam-Cambodia political issue instead off a medical care one'.
"I am a lesbian trapped inside a man's body. Girls, help me escape!"
giblet
Expatriate

Post by giblet »

Thanks, Georgina, that's very interesting. Does that mean Rattanak is not closing then?
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

New Hospitals

Post by Flexnez »

Rattanak has closed down and moved the activities to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital, so the nurses and the doctors are the same
Last edited by Flexnez on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Flexnez wrote:Rattanak has closed down and moved the activities to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital
Since when? My missus was there just last week. Hearsay or fact?

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, they scheduled her for a follow-up appointment early November, no mention of relocation to the new hospital.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flexnez
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Flexnez »

Fact, they started the move on 1 October, when we went there on 4th it was closed down and the security guard directed us to the new place
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Flexnez wrote:Fact, they started the move on 1 October, when we went there on 4th it was closed down and the security guard directed us to the new place
Ok, thanks for that, good to know. I will have to let my missus know!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic