Register Vietnamese Honda Dream

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
Badsleeper
Tourist
Cambodia

Register Vietnamese Honda Dream

Post by Badsleeper »

Can I (or a khmer friend) register a Honda dream from Vietnam in Phnom Penh and how much should it cost. It's a '91 dream 2 100cc. The plates were stolen years ago. There are no cards or papers but I want to get it legal. Tia
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: Register Vietnamese Honda Dream

Post by LaudJohn »

It will probably cost more than the bike is worth, let alone a considerable investment of time and frustration.
Badsleeper
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Badsleeper »

Ok what if the bike was previously registered here, is it possible to find out. Like is there a way of finding a registration number using the vin number, is there a database in Cambodia. Like supposedly the bike had Cambodian plates, but I can't be sure cause there's none now, but can I check it somewhere, if I could get the registration number surely I could get plates made?
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

No because you can’t legally say you own it and secondly you have not legally imported it to register it.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

The plates could have been fake or just bought from a wrecked bike.
Badsleeper
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Badsleeper »

Sure it could have been from a wrecked bike or a fake plate but I'm not asking that unless your giving me a clue of what you think I should do in this situation in a round about way, I'm asking if there is a database that i can put the VIN into and it will give me the registration plate number. Like suppose I was in Ireland I could use a VIN to check who the bike was registered to and under what number. Also how do the police check ownership if there is not such a database, I could just make up a plate number and a card with the frame number on it in photoshop? How would they know that it's not real?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic