The Good Fight - A TV Series

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

The Good Fight - A TV Series

Post by Doc67 »

Has anybody else watched this? It started out as a mildly entertaining legal drama, like Suits, just not as good.

It descended into the most racially provocative (not in a good way) and political piece of tv crap that I have come across. The general theme and portrayal is:

All black people are great, all white people are bad, except when white people work for black people and then they are cool;

Donald Trump is evil and the world is coming to an end;

Everything bad is because Trump is the President;

If you don't agree with that then you are an evil racist Trump supporter.

There was an overarching plot (the only decent one) which had been used up by the end of series one.

In series two it descends even further down the rabbit hole. The acting gets worse, the storylines get thinner and the court scenes become even more pathetic, but bubbling up at every turn, and I mean in EVERY Episode, is the constant anti Trump storyline or plot twist. It is so tiresome and boring and it shows the writers have no other issues on their minds.

This culminates in one of the most Machiavellian plot lines ever constructed solely to enable it to show a naked picture of Donald Trump's wife, claiming, in the plot line, that her residency status in the US was because of an "Einstein" visa for getting her clothes off in this picture.

Is this true? I don't know. But if I was already rabidly anti Trump I wouldn't fact check it to be sure before repeating it. I bet many didn't. This episode was number 12 of season 2. I have now given up.

This series was produced by CBS. Is this the type of programming the US is now offered to watch? If so I pity them for having to pay for it.

The offending picture of Mrs Trump's wife is reproduced below ( for reference only and in the best possible taste, of course.)