Revolting PassApp drivers quit en masse peeling stickers, burning shirts

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Revolting PassApp drivers quit en masse peeling stickers, burning shirts

Post by fax »

I found one in the wild!

I ordered a ride for 2 stops with Grab. The driver somehow mixed up the order and the app was instructing him to drive to my 2nd stop first. I asked him to take me to the first stop and showed the 2 stops on my phone and informed him what had happened.

He flipped the hell out. He asked me if I had the phone number to Grab. I didn't feel like lending him my phone and just said no. He started ranting about Grab Pay and rewards I think he saw on the screen somewhere that he was due to collect a total of $0 from me for the ride - because it's paid with card. He thought Grab Pay was a promotion letting me ride for free. I don't know how Grab displays this to their drivers but this one clearly did not understand the going ons.

He started moaning about driving me for free, and that Grab was ripping him off showing him only one stop but making him stop twice earning nothing. I curiously agreed with him and he just became more and more upset, especially after I showed him pictures of PassApp shirts burning and complaints on Facebook. He told me I would be his final customer because he was going to cancel his contract and stop driving for Grab. At this point I stopped talking.

We stopped at my first stop, I told him "wait here" and assured him "I'll be back soon". As soon as I exited his tuktuk he hit the gas as hard as he could and sped away into the rainy darkness.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic