realestate.com.kh?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

realestate.com.kh?

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Has anyone rented a property from this website I have used it once before in May of 2018 and was shown multiple subpar properties by a real estate agent but not the one I had originally contacted them about, I'm giving it another go now and seem to be having the same problem.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: realestate.com.kh?

Post by timmydownawell »

It's just a portal for a multitude of different agents. You aren't renting a property from the website.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 am It's just a portal for a multitude of different agents. You aren't renting a property from the website.
I do realise that but is it possible that some agents post properties that aren't actually available just to get potential renters to contact them? "Barang bait"
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote:
timmydownawell wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:09 am It's just a portal for a multitude of different agents. You aren't renting a property from the website.
I do realise that but is it possible that some agents post properties that aren't actually available just to get potential renters to contact them? "Barang bait"
All the agencies do this here. It seems they rarely bother to keep their listings up to date.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Message was seen and not replied to.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 am
I agree with epidemiks, it's just laziness on their part, rather than a conspiracy against barangs.

Better to look on FB Phnom Penh Housing group etc. for actually available properties.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/588720601188283/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:17 pm
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:56 am
I agree with epidemiks, it's just laziness on their part, rather than a conspiracy against barangs.

Better to look on FB Phnom Penh Housing group etc. for actually available properties.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/588720601188283/
Thank you very much for your help on this, it's very much appreciated.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

They will never give you the actual address of any property, as they're afraid you'll directly contact the owners and they miss their commission.
CamExpat
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CamExpat »

I used it to make contact with agents from some reputable real estate agencies (as much as any of them are...).

They will make an appointment with you to show you 7 or 8 places per your requirements.

I made bookings with 3 agents, but rented something the 2nd one found, so skipped meeting the 3rd.

3 or 4 of the properties I was shown were from the site, the rest from their inventory. The ones from the site had obvious problems, likely why they were still available.

Their primary value is lining up an itinerary of properties, a car + driver and a pleasant english speaking guide for half a day.

They dont do much else in terms of negotiations or managing the lease process etc. (There isnt really one, you just sign the landlords lease)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic