Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Nicolas »

Hi! Just joined the forum. I’m Nicolas Juralina and taking care of Khéma Pasteur (hashtag slowservice hashtag mysteakiscold hashtag youcallthisacoffee?) Hahahaha I’m sorry, ask for me if there’s any issues, I’ll make things right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laredo
Expatriate
Germany

Post by laredo »

Hi!
I`m Andreas from Germany and South-East Asia lover.
Bushido1234
Tourist

Post by Bushido1234 »

Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Bushido1234 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.

I like cambodia 🇰🇭 because they use american money 💵 , I can withdraw my pension and not lose but , actually gain money here !
Thailand was o.k. Before the king retired and died , when the military took over and won’t let you have a beer during lunch hour !
I don’t really like it here anymore , but feel stuck ( cursed ) to be here .. since sihanoukville went down the drain ...
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
ChrisCam
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by ChrisCam »

Morning all,

Brit here, moved to Phnom Penh about two months ago for a new challenge, to travel and to test my mettle in Asia. Financial/Regulatory background. Just started a new role and getting my teeth into Phnom Penh.

Having a blast so far. Thinking of buying a naughty motorbike...
Agarwal.Aditya
Expatriate
India

Post by Agarwal.Aditya »

I am from India . I am working here in IT remotely. I just arrived one week ago. How do I get a visa to stay for one year?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Agarwal.Aditya wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm I am from India . I am working here in IT remotely. I just arrived one week ago. How do I get a visa to stay for one year?
1 year visa is no longer available unless you are retired or have a work permit (unless india has a special arrangement, ask your embassy). Search the forum for work permit. there are many discussions that explain it. If you came in on a tourist visa you will have to leave and come back to change your visa
Sturgin
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Sturgin »

Greetings everyone...My name is Sturgin. I just moved to Phnom Penh a week ago. I am originally from Chicago, Illinois but have been living in Las Vegas for past 8 years, there I got really good at sportsbetting and it has done me very well over the years. I was happy when I found out I could continue my success at NagaWorld. I do all sports and could help anyone generate income, other then that I'm loving Cambodia so far, very friendly people and great food!!
Sturgin
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Sturgin »

pissontheroof wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am
Bushido1234 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.

I like cambodia 🇰🇭 because they use american money 💵 , I can withdraw my pension and not lose but , actually gain money here !
Thailand was o.k. Before the king retired and died , when the military took over and won’t let you have a beer during lunch hour !
I don’t really like it here anymore , but feel stuck ( cursed ) to be here .. since sihanoukville went down the drain ...
Cambodia very friendly people cheap food and housing. I also like the fact I can make money at Nagaworld making sportsbets!
Festus
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Festus »

Traveling to Cambodia in April.

Trying to understand the logistics of moving around the country (e.g. If I Google a drive time is it accurate? Does the season affect the drive time?).

Hoping that I'm asking in the right place.

Thanks
-Festus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic