First Solo Expo for Young Cambodian Artist HOUR SOBEN

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

First Solo Expo for Young Cambodian Artist HOUR SOBEN

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

https://kbachgallery.com/artists/hour-soben/

Nurse-cum-artist Hour Soben to host first solo exhibition
25 August 2019
While usually found handling medical instruments in class, sophomore nursing student Hour Soben has now armed himself with his paintbrush, turning his hobby into a collection of paintings that are set make up his first solo exhibition this coming November.

Soben is a rising artist who has decided to not compromise on either of his passions and become both a nurse and an artist. And he sees commonalities between the two areas, in so far as they both help heal people around the world.

Siem Reap province-born Soben had combined his studies in nursing at the University of Health Sciences in Phnom Penh with attending art classes in his spare time.

“I did attend art classes with Colours of Cambodia in my province for a short time. But I think I have learned much more than others as art has been my favorite hobby since I was a child and I’m constantly drawing on my own,” the 21-year-old said.

“I also study nursing, but my studies have nothing to do with being an artist. I love drawing as I can express my imagination. With my talent I can convert this to art. Talent is one thing, but if I’m lazy, my talent can’t help.”

Soben’s first solo exhibition will be held in Phnom Penh at the KBach Gallery, but he also has exhibitions scheduled abroad next year.

“I’m very excited to have opportunity to raise my art to a higher level with the international exposure I will receive at KBach Gallery in my first solo show later this year. I’m also excited about my first international exhibition in Hong Kong early next year,” he said.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle ... exhibition
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram