Alert Out for Little Girl Gone Missing

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Alert Out for Little Girl Gone Missing

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, (Preah Sihanouk): A little girl has gone missing and the Child Protection Unit (CPU) is now investigating the case. On the evening of August 3, 2019, a girl named Kim Lang was placed in a hammock by her mother in their village in Stung Hav district, Preah Sihanouk province. At about 5:30 am, the mother woke up to find that her daughter had disappeared. The family tried to find the girl, but did not report it to the authorities for some time.
The CPU received the information on August 20, 2019 and is now assisting with the investigation. If you have any information on the whereabouts of Kim Lang, please contact the Sihanoukville police or the CPU at 077 247 247.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Alert Out for Little Girl Gone Missing

Post by PIEMAN »

They wont be looking far.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Missing three-year-old in P'Sihanouk province
Husain Haider | Publication date 23 August 2019 | 12:34 ICT
Amber alert issued for missing three-year-old Kim Lang.

NGO Child Protection Unit (CPU) is seeking public assistance to locate a three-year-old girl who disappeared from her mother’s bedside in Preah Sihanouk province on August 3.

Kim Lang went to sleep in a cradle next to her mother. When her parents woke up at 5:30am, the girl was nowhere to be seen.

Investigators from CPU were notified about the case on August 20 after police and family members failed to locate her.

“Investigations are ongoing. We have a team there at the moment assisting with an unrelated homicide of a 14-year-old girl yesterday,” CPU director of operations James McCabe said.

Authorities are requesting that anyone who attended a party near the family’s home in Phnum 2, Tum Nub Rolork Commune, Stung Hav District in Preah Sihanouk province contact Sihanouk Police Command or CPU (077247247).
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... k-province
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
paul.smith
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by paul.smith »

So sad I will share on social media the last lost child was found dead near his house and had simply wandered off and got lost and died. Lets hope for a happy ending here with this little girl found safe and sound.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I don't know what happened to her, but Chinese do kidnap children, and that is a possibility.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

explorer wrote:I don't know what happened to her, but Chinese do kidnap children, and that is a possibility.
Let’s not go pointing fingers without facts.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:17 pm
explorer wrote:I don't know what happened to her, but Chinese do kidnap children, and that is a possibility.
Let’s not go pointing fingers without facts.
Yes, that's a pretty wild accusation. In all of the previous reported cases of kidnapped children on CEO, I don't remember one single mention of a Chinese suspect. Most likely suspects are family and neighbors. We will see. The CPU are on the case now.
Poor girl. It doesn't look good for her, but there's hope until they find a body, I guess.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: No news of the missing child. The mother says that the local authorities were indifferent to her plight and unhelpful, but Stung Hav district police chief Ros Khek said they were working on the case.

Last but not least, the mother of the missing child would like to request the provincial authorities, including HE Kouch Chamroeun, the Governor of Preah Sihanouk Provincial Council, and Lieutenant General Chuon Narin, the Commissioner of Preah Sihanouk Provincial Police, to also assist in investigating the case.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

She certainly looks like her mom. I hope they find her soon and she's well. Praying for her.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic