A review of The Filling Station hostess bar/clip joint on Street 282

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

A review of The Filling Station hostess bar/clip joint on Street 282

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Went to this bar last night with a friend. It's located in a villa on Street 282 in Boeng Keng Kang. There was a power outage so we didn't even go inside we just sat in the courtyard.

Staff is all Filipina. None are particularly attractive. We ordered two beers, normal prices, and I was asked to sign the chit, as they do in the Philippines. No problem.

Then we offered to buy a drink for two of the hostesses. They got beers and presented me a bill that said "beer $9, beer $9, beer $9 = total $27" and asked me to sign it. I said "$9 to buy you beer?" and they said yes.

I had never been there before but had read on Tripadvisor that the lady drinks there cost $4.50. I told her "I was here last week and it was $4.50." She nonchalantly ripped up the bill and gave me a new bill that said "beer $4.50, beer $4.50, beer $4.50 = $13.50"

I said "we're only buying two of you drinks, not three." She ripped up the $13.50 bill and handed me one that said $9. I signed it and paid it and we left soon after.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: A review of The Filling Station hostess bar/clip joint on Street 282

Post by Duncan »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:08 pm Went to this bar last night with a friend. It's located in a villa on Street 282 in Boeng Keng Kang. There was a power outage so we didn't even go inside we just sat in the courtyard.

Staff is all Filipina. None are particularly attractive. We ordered two beers, normal prices, and I was asked to sign the chit, as they do in the Philippines. No problem.

Then we offered to buy a drink for two of the hostesses. They got beers and presented me a bill that said "beer $9, beer $9, beer $9 = total $27" and asked me to sign it. I said "$9 to buy you beer?" and they said yes.

I had never been there before but had read on Tripadvisor that the lady drinks there cost $4.50. I told her "I was here last week and it was $4.50." She nonchalantly ripped up the bill and gave me a new bill that said "beer $4.50, beer $4.50, beer $4.50 = $13.50"

I said "we're only buying two of you drinks, not three." She ripped up the $13.50 bill and handed me one that said $9. I signed it and paid it and we left soon after.
left soon after never to return again.

Good advertising for a bar in a very competitive industry.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I went there earlier this year and it was empty and they all just pounced on us and started begging for drinks after the first hello. The were all ugly or fat or both. Once they realised they were getting nowhere with us they all went back outside sharpish and we were left completely alone.

Complete waste of time. We left after one drink.

I am surprised they are still in business with those rents in BBK1.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:17 pm I went there earlier this year and it was empty and they all just pounced on us and started begging for drinks after the first hello. The were all ugly or fat or both. Once they realised they were getting nowhere with us they all went back outside sharpish and we were left completely alone.

Complete waste of time. We left after one drink.

I am surprised they are still in business with those rents in BBK1.
Was it you who left the trip advisor review Doc? Seems like my visit, yours, whoever wrote the trip advisor review, and sweet lemons were all the same experience, one drink and leave. I wonder how they stay open, that villa can't be cheap to rent in the middle of BKK1
brisie
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by brisie »

They're on the Badoo app one of them called me up and told me to come down and bar fine her.
I looked the reviews online and didn't show up.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Sounds like an upmarket Cyrcee.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm I wonder how they stay open, that villa can't be cheap to rent in the middle of BKK1
Maybe it's subsidized by card games played by tourists wearing nice hats.

:popcorn:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 pm Sounds like an upmarket Cyrcee.
They were all ugly or fat or both.
Which begs the question: why do these fugly filipinas think they can charge double for lady drinks to a khmer girl?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

I should mention they also charge a 10% service charge on everything. I signed one chit saying $6 and another saying $9 and when I got the bill they told me I owed $16.50.

The three lady drink beers originally priced at $9 each would have cost $29.70 with the service charge.

willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

An upmarket Cyrcee? I can’t imagine a place like that. What has happened to Le Cyrcee?
I miss it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic