Pregnant Woman Accuses Doctor of Sexual Assault

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Pregnant Woman Accuses Doctor of Sexual Assault

Post by newkidontheblock » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 am

Would the cops have intervened and arrested the doctor if the pregnant lady gone to them first?

This is Cambodia. Even the locals know the deck is stacked against them. They have to find ways to even the odds so justice can happen.

The next question is ...

How will the judge rule?

Or will it ever reach a judge?
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:51 am

newkidontheblock wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 am
Would the cops have intervened and arrested the doctor if the pregnant lady gone to them first?

This is Cambodia. Even the locals know the deck is stacked against them. They have to find ways to even the odds so justice can happen.

The next question is ...

How will the judge rule?

Or will it ever reach a judge?
[Mod edit: trolling] you might have seen the clinic had to pay the patient $400. Seems like a fair outcome.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:50 am

Sorry, CEO Cambodia news didn’t mention the payment, only the accusation. No links to the original article or follow up. My apologies for not having access to the original sources as others have.

Was this a private settlement between the two or was it the court ruling he was guilty and ordering him to pay the fine?

So what happens in the West when a physician is convinced of a sexual assault in his own clinic? Does he only get a $400 fine?
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:30 am

"So what happens in the West when a physician is convinced of a sexual assault in his own clinic? Does he only get a $400 fine?"

I don't seek to enter into the above dispute, but this seems like a fair question.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:57 am

taabarang wrote:"So what happens in the West when a physician is convinced of a sexual assault in his own clinic? Does he only get a $400 fine?"

I don't seek to enter into the above dispute, but this seems like a fair question.
It’s a serious offense, as is any sexual assault - they would lose their medical license at the very least.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic