Will the current world events lead to major armed conflict?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Will the current world events lead to major armed conflict?

Post by IraHayes »

frank lee bent wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:45 am Undoubtedly China's expansionist ambitions must be stopped.
It must really pain you then, that it took an illiterate and moronic imbecile to stand up to them.
Obama had 2 terms and did nothing except go around apologising for being American.... he did nothing to stop the rise of China.... or maybe Hillary-everything for a price-Clinton would have been better?
Uranium One deal anyone?

Which of the current Dem candidates do you think has the balls to do what it takes against China? Bearing in mind China has almost said it is waiting for the elections so they can get a better deal... meaning a weak leader that lets them do as they wish just like before.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

IraHayes wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:35 am While the world is busy mocking Trumps plan to “buy” greenland was anyone aware that China already tried to gain control??

Using their polar-belt and road initiative they were approached for infrastructure funding after Denmark turned Greenland down. American pressure kept China out and Denmark agreed to the funding.

The way the idea is being portrayed in the news you would think something like this has never happened before... *cough* US Virgin Islands *cough*... Alaska
Many things have happened before, people placed in camps, those with different views from the leader branded disloyal to the state, government officials propagating lies and hate, foreigners vilified and a leader claiming to be the chosen one. Unfortunately where it happened before was Nazi Germany, cough, not in the land of the free and home of the brave, cough. Trump was mocked long before he expressed interest in Greenland on Twitter. And those in cult 45 will be mocked for their failure to stand up and say enough to this racist, xenophobic dictator wanna be traitor.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Lol the Nazi concentration camps again.... seriously. Enter a country illegally and get arrested and detained. Commit a crime and place your children in danger while committing that crime (as a US citizen) will see you your children placed into protective custody. Also, given the high rate of false parental claims leaving children with people who are not their parents is a disaster waiting to happen.

Close the loopholes, remove the whole anchor-baby thing and let people migrate legally. As we have done to live here.
Break a law to enter a country and suffer the consequences.. it is really that simple.

Another fiasco currently unfolding in the UK is the immigrants fleeing persecution are heading back home on holidays... i shit you not.
Yeah I had to flee as my life was in danger.. but now it’s cool I can go back for a holiday but I still want to claim asylum in the UK.
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

I am glad you find concentration camps funny, The real threat to America isn t white supremist or neo nazis it is children born in other countries.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Isaanbarang wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:19 pm I am glad you find concentration camps funny, The real threat to America isn t white supremist or neo nazis it is children born in other countries.
So you are in favour of the US allowing unchecked immigration with no checks on who comes in and for what reason?
Every other country in the world has an immigration policy and laws for breaking it. Why is the US special? Why should they allow unchecked immigration?
Unchecked illegal immigration drives down wages and takes jobs from those that need them the most. While doing this it boosts profits for Wall Street. You only have to look at the recent ICE raids on those meat packing plants.... they are all now having a huge hiring spree. And offering decent wages to boot .... not much sympathy for the illegals from those that got a new job after the crackdown eh.

But yeah.. keep beating that old facist new-nazi drum.... don’t forget to use the word deplorable too... oh and best to turn a blind eye to the rampant anti Semitic comments and tweets plaguing those who are currently hounding Trump for the same (NYT is but one)
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

Simply because I Don t follow the orange king of Isreal, I believe in open borders? Ah, so if I think Trump is a fool that means I suckle on HRC s tit. Why are the fat cats that hire illegals not charged. Is it because they are Republicans. Dogs belong in cages not children. Do you know who Ira Hayes was? He served his country not sold it to the highest bidder. Not got 5 deferments for bone spurs. How many 4 year Olds chose to illegally enter the USA and how may are now orphaned because of it?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

IraHayes wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:10 pm Another fiasco currently unfolding in the UK is the immigrants fleeing persecution are heading back home on holidays... i shit you not.
Yeah I had to flee as my life was in danger.. but now it’s cool I can go back for a holiday but I still want to claim asylum in the UK.
The same happens in Australia.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

TDS claims another victim :(

Orange man bad :(
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Ravensnest wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:07 am As stated above and the now defunct nuclear deal and US, Russia, N. Korea all testing nuclear weapons.
I don't believe worldwide tensions have been in such turmoil during my lifetime.
Were you born after the 80s? They were about to launch nukes in 1984.
SuperFlyingChinaman
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SuperFlyingChinaman »

Sorry, to interrupt your robust debate, guys.... President trump's verbal abuse against the Danish PM and NATO is quite bizarre... What with all that's going on. I know there were never really any 'good old days', but things are getting just so weird. Or maybe they always had been.

Here's a beer, guys. Let's agree to disagree
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic