High School Graduation Exams Have Started

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

High School Graduation Exams Have Started

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

High School Graduation Exam Kicks off in Cambodia
19/08/19 22:45
Phnom Penh (FN), Aug. 19 - A total of 117,024 Cambodian applicants on Monday took the national high school graduation exam, which is a prerequisite for the students to pursue their studies at university levels.

The Education Ministry informed that 17,430 administrators and volunteers have been deployed at all 202 exam centers.

According to the exam rule, crib sheets, mobile phones, smart phones, and other electronic devices are not allowed to be taken into the test rooms. Applicants will be automatically failed if he/she is caught cheating.

Over the course of two days, the applicants will sit for the test in the subjects of geography, history, biology, foreign language, Khmer literature, mathematics and moral-civic education, according to an Education Ministry's statement.

Cambodia strengthened high school quality since 2014 through cleaning up cheat and bribery during the Grade 12 high school exam.

In last year's test, 75,059, or 66.21 percent, of the total 117,061 candidates passed the annual exam.
=FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: High School Graduation Exams Have Started

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Battambang): In the morning of August 19,2019 , a student became seriously unwell and had to be evacuated during the high school diploma examination in Battambang.
The victim was given basic first aid at the school and sent to the hospital.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Pressure is certainly on the student over this period. I understand it's a time also for older of students of past years who failed or didn't get the opportunity can resit the test. A young man of 24 told me he was going for his 3rd try, today he told me he walked out because he couldn't do it.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
miciur
Expatriate
Hungary

Post by miciur »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 am Pressure is certainly on the student over this period. I understand it's a time also for older of students of past years who failed or didn't get the opportunity can resit the test. A young man of 24 told me he was going for his 3rd try, today he told me he walked out because he couldn't do it.
Hundred years ago a baldhead goatee said: “ Do study, do study, do study!
Yчиться, учиться, учиться!
Be yourself, no matter what they say!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

miciur wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:43 pm
AndyKK wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 am Pressure is certainly on the student over this period. I understand it's a time also for older of students of past years who failed or didn't get the opportunity can resit the test. A young man of 24 told me he was going for his 3rd try, today he told me he walked out because he couldn't do it.
Hundred years ago a baldhead goatee said: “ Do study, do study, do study!
Yчиться, учиться, учиться!
That is exactly the point, the person whom I talk about has no understanding of study, nor does he have any idea of what he would be studying.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anyone want to guess at how much of what you are taught at school is used or of any use to a person once they have a job.

Me,, I left school when I was 15 and then started learning.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Duncan wrote:Anyone want to guess at how much of what you are taught at school is used or of any use to a person once they have a job.

And your working career was easy and now you’re comfortable, or even a millionaire?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

whatwat wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:49 pm
Duncan wrote:Anyone want to guess at how much of what you are taught at school is used or of any use to a person once they have a job.

And your working career was easy and now you’re comfortable, or even a millionaire?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not landing one side or the other on this subject. I left school at 17, and I've done okay for myself. Some people are just not suited to a classroom environment. My working career has never been easy, even 30 years hence. Nor am I a millionaire. But I'm ok!!

My missus' poor niece, on the other hand, was in the same exam room as a red-handed cheater in Monday's exam, and the poor girl doesn't know if she is going to be flunked, because the cheater had a crib sheet. The whole class has been warned that they might all be failed because of one rogue. Now that is shit!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic