How much advance of rent and deposit do landlords want?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

How much advance of rent and deposit do landlords want?

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Sorry for the two questions in a row.

I asked about rent in Siem Reap a few days ago @ cheapish price range.

I'm just wondering what the norm is when it comes to rent payments. In the past, I've stayed in places with no deposit and pay at end of month. I've also stayed in places with little deposit and first month in advance.

Does anyone know what the norm is? First month? First month + deposit? 2 months + deposit?

Appreciate it!
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: How much advance of rent and deposit do landlords want?

Post by IraHayes »

1 months rent as deposit.
Rent is paid in advance.
So to “move in” you need 1 months rent + 1 months rent as deposit.

When you leave try to plan ahead and use the deposit as the last months rent.
I have always had good relationships with my landlords and kept the places clean and well maintained... yes minor shit I fixed myself... bigger issues they stepped in to fix. And I have never ad any issues regarding this arrangement.. using deposit as last months rent, I mean.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic