50 years ago today

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

50 years ago today

Post by The Seawolf »

Woodstock began. But I would have preferred to have been in nam maaaaaan

:Yahoo!:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: 50 years ago today

Post by whatwat »

I saw a documentary saying Woodstock was full of stoned hippies and drugged up 60s love children covered in mud and most of the crowd were not even listening or watching the bands.

This was from some big name groups artists. They said history has clouded people’s memories and it was a hell hole.

One guy and his friends who went said he remembered traveling there and about a week after it finished but has no memory of anything!

It did start the whole festival thing. I think Glastonbury was a year later?

Went to many in Europe. Holland has the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Apparently, they had some pretty good bands performing there. Here's one of the above-average ones:

HQ edited version:

Unedited non-HQ version:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

I will leave this here (Woodstock related).

post125958.html#p125958

I knew nothing about Mike and Woodstock until He had passed and this was posted. Thanks for the Photo and heads up guys.

Met and talked to him (Mike) only one time..... the dude has some good tales to tell :)

When I was in the KOW last stopped by Sharky's. (this was after Mike had passed). Noticed there was a photo of woodstock on the wall. Thought to myself, cool they are paying some tribute to mike. NOPE, just a poster for woodstock in a rock and roll related bar. Nothing about Mr Hsu mentioned. I was to say somewhat dissapointed.

Anyway back to the thread.
What, Me worry?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

Blimey. He’s full of it! :D
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

some great pics of the festival;

‘Hendrix played The Star Spangled Banner at 8.30am on Monday to the remaining crowd of around 40,000’

Lang: ‘Lewis [right] and his sheep … Lewis lived with the lamb. He was a local character’

Lou Yank, the town of Monticello’s chief of police
‘Notwithstanding their personality, their dress and their ideas … they are the most courteous, considerate and well-behaved group of kids I have ever been in contact with in my 24 years of police work,’ Yank told the New York Times

‘The people who attended Woodstock were the real stars of the festival’
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

my buddy's brother spent $8 on the 4 pack 8 track tapes and we spent years listening to them in his mom's Valient she gave him...
Give Me an F...etc was huge.
crosby stills and nash...rocketed to stardom.
santana.
richie havens..
and like said earlier
Jimmy...he had stage fright .. possible LSD issue and waited until people had left and took the stage played The Star Spangled Banner..
originally, they pre-sold tickets..had a fairly well organized event planned...then, 300,000 came and many more could not get in...the fences came down..they made it free and lost their ass...a massive fuck up.
i was 11...
Youngest in my family...
the hippies and yippies and Vietnam...
shit really changed...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic