Running Water Pipes through the wall

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Mooser
Expatriate

Re: Running Water Pipes through the wall

Post by Mooser »

Joker Poker wrote:
Duncan wrote:[quote="Mooser"]I happen to be a plumber, [/b

]the previous posters were right. Try to put it near an existing water supply to save on work. Your water supply's will connect to hose bibs (laundry faucets) and your hoses will connect from the machine to the hose bib connections.

You wouldn't know anything about drain laying would you. You see I [ we/PP ] have this problem with water every time it rains,,,Oh lets just forget it. It's a stupid question anyway.

Nah, that's a good question. My street was dug up a few weeks back and a large concrete storm water pipe was layed. Trouble is it doesn't fucking work. The street flooded more during the last flash flooding than I've ever seen it before.

There was an inspection point that wasn't covered for a while and I noticed that the pipe remained at least half full of water. To my mind this meant that the pitch of the pipe was wrong or it would need some kind of pumping system to clear the water. Anyway, I'm sure the water is still lying in the pipes breeding more mosquitoes - as though there weren't enough already.

Mooser, could you comment on this?

Cheers.[/quote]if the pipe is continuously half full of water, then it is a problem of lack of proper grade on the pipe.
Mooser
Expatriate

Post by Mooser »

Let us know how it goes. Things are quite different in Asia in regards to fittings and material as well as installation practices.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Mooser said:

Cheers.[/quote]if the pipe is continuously half full of water, then it is a problem of lack of proper grade on the pipe.

Thanks for that, confirms my thinking. All the inspection points are now covered but I'd bet the pipe is still half full of rapidly stagnating water.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Washing machines? Bloody soft you lot. I just had a 2 month holiday and my better 1/2 insisted I helped around the house while I was off. This included learning to wash the Khmer way - tub of water,soap and feet! I don't know... you guys are all spoiled! ( Thank fuk I'm back at work now and its her responsibility again now, I think??? Hope!)
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Hotdigr wrote:Washing machines? Bloody soft you lot. I just had a 2 month holiday and my better 1/2 insisted I helped around the house while I was off. This included learning to wash the Khmer way - tub of water,soap and feet! I don't know... you guys are all spoiled! ( Thank fuk I'm back at work now and its her responsibility again now, I think??? Hope!)
You obviously missed the point. She was showing you how fucked up it is cleaning clothes by hand. Buy a washing machine!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:
Hotdigr wrote:Washing machines? Bloody soft you lot. I just had a 2 month holiday and my better 1/2 insisted I helped around the house while I was off. This included learning to wash the Khmer way - tub of water,soap and feet! I don't know... you guys are all spoiled! ( Thank fuk I'm back at work now and its her responsibility again now, I think??? Hope!)
You obviously missed the point. She was showing you how fucked up it is cleaning clothes by hand. Buy a washing machine!
He has a point!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Digg3r wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

When your fellow bros all say you are wrong...... You're probably wrong.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Mooser wrote:Let us know how it goes. Things are quite different in Asia in regards to fittings and material as well as installation practices.
Will do. Plan to go to that shop that B Lexus suggested by Central market in stroppy's AC thread. Then to Aeon.

Aeon has an LG Fuzzy logic 10.5kg on sale for $289. Funny, we walked down to the store below (at aeon) and the same washer was $329. Matter of riding the escalator.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

SQUFfy, that washer is much cheaper near Central, we bought one. I'll check the receipt, but not far off a couple of hundred IIRC.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic