Death Island- Koh Tao

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Death Island- Koh Tao

Post by Ian Yarwood »

Here is a link to a video I made about the Ranong 4 murder case, the Koh Tao double murder case and the widespread use of torture and corporal punishment withing Thai society.

The successful appeal in the Ranong 4 murder case must provide a small glimmer of hope for the Koh Tao scapegoats who remain on death row in the Bangkok Hilton!
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

https://www.irrawaddy.com/news/myanmar- ... iland.html

This is the article in The Irrawaddy News of Burma that broke the story of two Burmese scapegoats having their convictions for murder overturned on appeal.

The Thai media has remained conspicuously quiet.

The article was republished days later by the Chiang Rai Times and Thaiger News as two notable exceptions within Thailand. “Eleven” news of Myanmar also reprinted the article and AEC referred to it.

Forums (fora) such as CEO become very important sources of information in these times of heavy censorship!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Good to know the Burmese were cleared.
I wonder if the guilty will ever be charged?
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

frank lee bent wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:29 am Good to know the Burmese were cleared.
I wonder if the guilty will ever be charged?
I would doubt the Thai police will ever identify and charge the real killers. I do intend to post any update here that I might stumble across. ... just don’t hold your breath when it comes to charging the real killers!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I met a Westerner once in Bangkok. He had a long story to tell about how he had a successful business with his Thai wife. When they split up she broke their agreements and kept all the assets. He took her to court in Thailand and lost, then he appealed and won the appeal. Still she did not pay so he started again in the lower court, lost, appealed, won, repeat ad nauseum. He reckoned the appeal courts in Thailand are very fair (not so the lower courts). This was not a criminal case of course.
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

It's fascinating that expats in Cambodia take such interest in events that occur over the border in Thailand. Here is my latest video about deaths of foreigners on Koh Tao. It is actually a tribute video to the French song "Je suis malade" (I am sick)

A significant proportion of the views of these videos come from "CEO" directly and I am sure that many of the views via other platforms such as Facebook and Twitter originated from readers of this site. I therefore wish to thank everyone behind the running of this site and all those who have taken an interest in my posts and/or shared the material! THANK YOU!
Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

Here’s a link to the Facebook page of the singer behind the song “Je suis malade”

Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

Music video tribute to 3 female tourists killed in Koh Tao waters.

Silje Mathisen and Rocio Gomez died during their very first scuba lessons.

Shelly Bot was struck and killed by a water taxi taking a shortcut as she was snorkelling with her partner.

Ian Yarwood
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ian Yarwood »

My latest video about the death of Belgian woman, Elise Dallemagne (30) on Koh Tao in April 2017, including the apparent cover-up by Koh Tao police.

The sources are the Samui Times, "Der Farang" and Khaosod English news including personal conversations with some of the reporters. It is a tragic story.

shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Death island ? Not really. Woz there recently. Beautiful island. Great Coastal walks and fun motorbike rides.
Locals friendly. No issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic