How to retrieve assets in a country your denied entry

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: How to retrieve assets in a country your denied entry

Post by siliconlife »

offroadscholar wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:49 am
siliconlife wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:37 am
offroadscholar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:49 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 pm With regards to banking, ensure that you have internet banking which you can use to transfer your funds overseas with.
I have wondered about accessing my ABA account from overseas. In Cambodia, if I log in from my computer, it sends an sms code to my Cambodian mobile number. If using the mobile app, in Cambodia, then no sms code required.

So I guess to access the account from outside Cambodia I would need my phone set to roam, so it picks up the sms code if logging on from my computer, or recognises the Cambo phone number if using the mobile app ??

Anyone tried it ?
You can also get ABA to send that code to your email instead, as well.
Is that an option on the app when making the transaction, or something that has to be setup prior to making the transaction ?
Don't know, not a smartphone person, ABA set it up that way for me in the branch.
bob.fortin
BANNED

Post by bob.fortin »

Never have assets in SE Asia that you’re not prepared to lose instantly. The only thing I left in Thailand was my lawnmower it was too big to take.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

bob.fortin wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:00 pm Never have assets in SE Asia that you’re not prepared to lose instantly. The only thing I left in Thailand was my lawnmower it was too big to take.
I would like to think that size was not the only reason you didn't take it with you.. You probably use plain common sense and realized no-one travels around the world these days with a lawnmower in their bag.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Would it be wrong of me to ask?
You have invested in Cambodia and assume you can recoup your Investments?
I thought this was an expat forum...

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

atst wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 am I've got the email set up on my ABA account but when in Australia or NZ never seem to receive the email

Footnote just last week I sent a few emails with attachments back to Australia and they never got there
Email doesn't go missing. Look in your spam folder.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Already looked like you say they don't go missing but if not received and no notification that they weren't delivered where are they?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Maybe best option is to have another person have authority to access your bank account
Can this be done without having a shared account?
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 am Maybe best option is to have another person have authority to access your bank account
That's a really silly idea!

As has already been mentioned, there is this thing called internet banking.
bob.fortin
BANNED

Post by bob.fortin »

Never give anyone else access to your bank account. Everyone thinks they can trust the person they give access to but they can’t.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:45 am
atst wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 am Maybe best option is to have another person have authority to access your bank account
That's a really silly idea!

As has already been mentioned, there is this thing called internet banking.
Yes I've got it but couldn't receive emails maybe trip to the bank again to get set up again and change my term deposits to online so I can cancel easierly
like making a will better safe than sorry
Thanks again for your advice much appreciated
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic