You’re invited.....

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: You’re invited.....

Post by yong »

frizzie77 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 am Anyway @rozzieoz: have a good one and wish you lots of success and fun in Siem Reap!
Omg. And I was thinking where is SR. Jeez I'm really newbie as far as Cambodia is concern.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

General Mackevili wrote:Have a good move, Roz. Siem Reap is great, so I'm sure you'll love it there too. Check out Picasso Bar, a nice little expat bar in that little alleyway I'd call Art Alley.

See you in SR next time!
Brilliant! Thanks for the tip.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
The Seawolf
BANNED
Vietnam

Post by The Seawolf »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:56 pm
I got more into the free party scene after that and going to clubs/ warehouse parties/ insane parties in the middle of nowhere on an airbase etc.
A rave on airbase? Do you mean Smeatharpe by any chance? The same weekend as Glastonbury in 1992. I went to that. Great party! I went to many many free parties and traveller festivals too.

Spiral Tribe, Bedlam, Circus Warp, Circus Normal, DiY, Techno Travellers and many more. Went to all the well known ones like Castlemorton Camelford Lechlade The Roundhouse etc.

A brilliant era!

Glad I did it but equally glad it’s done. Took about a decade after stopping to really get it out of my skin. I don’t do anything like that at all these days. I never go anywhere with loud music, club or gig, and I am rarely out later than 10pm!! I would loathe going to a club or festival now.

Probably saw you at a free party bitd though!

In fact my name - The Seawolf - is the name of a tune by Underground Resistance.

:thumb:
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

I guess this goes shows in a nutshell the various types of sad posters on the site who feel the need to comment to gain attention.

Somebody offers an Invite to a going away party with some free Pizza and a beer. What happens, next is so funny tragic if it was'nt real life.

To all the people who responded that they could not be there because of THEIR various problems nobody gives a F##K

If you don't want to go don't go, hats off to the poster for her restraint and trying to justify things. Everybody gets invited to a party if you don't wish to go for whatever reason fine. Nobody is interested in your reasons, don't like live music, hope it's not smokey, I have to be home to twiddle my thumbs.

I repeat nobody gives a FUCK why you will not be there and probably very happy you could not turn up and stand in the corner after your free drink and slice of Pizza to moan to everyone in earshot about how you are socially disturbed.
la8rat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by la8rat »

That /|\

Good luck on the move roz and enjoy your party luv
A lie can get round the world faster than the truth can get its boots on.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Was the airbase Watchfield John Bingham?
The year after the Windsor Great Park festival was canceled?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Mr Cynical wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am I guess this goes shows in a nutshell the various types of sad posters on the site who feel the need to comment to gain attention.

Somebody offers an Invite to a going away party with some free Pizza and a beer. What happens, next is so funny tragic if it was'nt real life.

To all the people who responded that they could not be there because of THEIR various problems nobody gives a F##K

If you don't want to go don't go, hats off to the poster for her restraint and trying to justify things. Everybody gets invited to a party if you don't wish to go for whatever reason fine. Nobody is interested in your reasons, don't like live music, hope it's not smokey, I have to be home to twiddle my thumbs.

I repeat nobody gives a FUCK why you will not be there and probably very happy you could not turn up and stand in the corner after your free drink and slice of Pizza to moan to everyone in earshot about how you are socially disturbed.
Sorry to hear your not going . But why such a long winded post to tell everyone.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bucknaked
Expatriate
Australia

Post by bucknaked »

I guess this goes shows in a nutshell the various types of sad posters on the site who feel the need to comment to gain attention.

well said....what a strange bunch of people, I seem to remember Roz sending an invite out to her bar the last time for a get to together and the post became a huge bitch fight, for people livin the dream there sure is a lot of grumpy angry fuckers out there
Even the ugly ones
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Who amongst us claims to be living the dream?
Certainly not me.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

bucknaked wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 am

well said....what a strange bunch of people, I seem to remember Roz sending an invite out to her bar the last time for a get to together and the post became a huge bitch fight, for people livin the dream there sure is a lot of grumpy angry fuckers out there

Are you 2 OK? Do you need a hug? Why so angry?
Where are the mods on this one? Asleep at the wheel?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic