US Social Security Locations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

US Social Security Locations

Post by cambo swa »

Here’s a list of countries where American retirees collect Social Security checks. No Cambodia? How many retired Americans are here? Does this sound right?

Canada: 69,942
Japan: 45,336
Mexico: 29,553
Germany: 24,922
U.K.: 23,936
Philippines: 19,238
Italy: 17,435
Poland: 17,082
Greece: 14,409
Australia: 10,740
France: 10,344
Portugal: 9,319
Israel: 8,125
Spain: 7,667
Colombia: 7,365
Ireland: 6,881
Thailand: 5,248
Switzerland: 5,074
Dominican Republic: 4,986
Sweden: 4,305
Norway: 4,010
Netherlands: 3,909
South Korea: 3,762
Ecuador: 3,141
Panama: 2,211
Argentina: 2,206
Costa Rica: 2,203
India: 2,033
Austria: 2,008
Chile and Easter Island: 1,839
Hong Kong: 1,829
Taiwan: 1,802
New Zealand: 1,739
Jamaica: 1,721
El Salvador: 1,658
Peru: 1,650
Nicaragua: 1,626
Brazil: 1,564
Hungary: 1,488
Belgium: 1,444
Guatemala: 1,331
Denmark: 1,203
Croatia: 1,093
Romania: 1,040
China: 962
Czech Republic: 955
Serbia and Montenegro: 934
Trinidad and Tobago: 925
Barbados: 834
Finland: 758
Turkey: 708
Uruguay: 708
Honduras: 667
Malta: 479
Belize: 545
Bulgaria: 452
Lebanon: 436
Bolivia: 425
Cyprus: 405
Vietnam: 395
Bosnia and Herzegovina: 339
Jordan: 240

SOURCES: Social Security Administration, Master Beneficiary Record, 100 percent data; and U.S. Postal Service geographic data.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US Social Security Locations

Post by frank lee bent »

Manila is the regional office for SEA
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

frank lee bent wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am Manila is the regional office for SEA
What you say is entirely correct, but you will notice Vietnam is on that list. Not that it's important, but in this age of direct deposit SS checks Cambodia should be on that list.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

taabarang wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 am
frank lee bent wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am Manila is the regional office for SEA
What you say is entirely correct, but you will notice Vietnam is on that list. Not that it's important, but in this age of direct deposit SS checks Cambodia should be on that list.

Why wouldn’t cambodia 🇰🇭 be on that list then ?

If it was i might apply , I’m eligible but don’t need the $$ ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm Why wouldn’t cambodia 🇰🇭 be on that list then ?
If you reside in Cambodia and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Manila, Philippines.

https://kh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -security/
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:23 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:17 pm Why wouldn’t cambodia 🇰🇭 be on that list then ?
If you reside in Cambodia and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Manila, Philippines.

Yes and thank you . I am aware , It wouldn’t even be worth it for me to go to Phnom Penh for it ...
the only reason I would go there would be to give my accidental “ goan “ here to have my life insurance I won’t need .
But I don’t even know his name ... 🤷🏽‍♀️🙈.
Only thing good about Phnom Penh is the airport , burger king , and carl’s jr!
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Like FLB's statement this is also true. However I got excellent service at the US embassy in PP which doubtlessly liaised with Manila which in turn dealt with the US home office.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

taabarang wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Like FLB's statement this is also true. However I got excellent service at the US embassy in PP which doubtlessly liaised with Manila which in turn dealt with the US home office.
Yeas and not to waste your time but I don’t live there and have no reason to go .. and actually don’t care if I ever go to the embassy,
Do they search your bag before in ? Or can you leave it in a cabinet with the guards while you go inside ,
It’s very intrusive and paranoic for me into Pp and/or the american embassy .
A week ban off facebook puts antz in my pannts .. what would elvis do ?
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Jack mehoff
Expatriate

Post by Jack mehoff »

I believe that list breakdown has more to do with foreign nationals that had a work permit and contributed and qualify for SS and are receiving after returning to home country and no longer have ties in the US. American retirees on SS receive it direct deposit to a US bank and would show as receiving in the US. There are SSA and VA offices in the Philippines.
AnaPol
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by AnaPol »

Jack mehoff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:15 am I believe that list breakdown has more to do with foreign nationals that had a work permit and contributed and qualify for SS and are receiving after returning to home country and no longer have ties in the US. American retirees on SS receive it direct deposit to a US bank and would show as receiving in the US. There are SSA and VA offices in the Philippines.
not true, many Americans can and do receive direct deposits to foreign banks.
Do they search your bag before in ? Or can you leave it in a cabinet with the guards while you go inside ,
It’s very intrusive and paranoic for me into Pp and/or the american embassy .
what are you running from? What will you do when your passport expires and you need a new one?

If your worried about them searching your bag, don't take one, (or a phone)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic