Grab loves notifications

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Grab loves notifications

Post by fax »

Grab loves sending notifications. There is no app that sends so many notifications as Grab. They have recently hired a professional notification sender who really knows how to send notifications.

2 notifications about an iPhone promotion at 3am on the weekend and then 2 more at 6am for good measure. Notifications every day at 6am about some bullshit.

Don't you just love Grab's notifications? Which one is your favorite?

PayLessGetMore iPhone Message from Grab Car Promotion Tuktuk Promotion Grab Promotion Monster Drink Promotion

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Grab loves notifications

Post by Doc67 »

fax wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 am Grab loves sending notifications. There is no app that sends so many notifications as Grab. They have recently hired a professional notification sender who really knows how to send notifications.

2 notifications about an iPhone promotion at 3am on the weekend and then 2 more at 6am for good measure. Notifications every day at 6am about some bullshit.

Don't you just love Grab's notifications? Which one is your favorite?

PayLessGetMore iPhone Message from Grab Car Promotion Tuktuk Promotion Grab Promotion Monster Drink Promotion

Ding ding ding ding ding!!!!
I was just noticing the same thing this morning. The iPhone promotion has arrived 6 times at least. I notice also their tuk tuk promotion is now only after the first ride of the day, by the time I am on my second ride it is often all used up.

I am blocking all notifications from now on, I think they will still be there on the app but at least my phone wont start chiming 4 times a day with their iPhone crap.

And another thing, that Ride and Win promo gives you a 1 Riel discount and also stops you from using any other promotion such as 15% off Tuks or 25% off cars and SUV's. What a load of bullshit.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

1 Riel that is hilarious.

I rarely bother with the promotions because you have to either remember the code to enter it in or follow their highly intuitive menu structure.

1. Load map
2. Close review page for a ride you took yesterday
3. Back to map
4. Press Inbox
5. Identify the correct one and they're all named "Message from Grab" and the text is in Khmer
6. Scroll past all the Khmer and press "Use now"
7. Load map

Brilliant user experience.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Just turn off notifications in the App's settings.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic