How to retrieve assets in a country your denied entry

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

How to retrieve assets in a country your denied entry

Post by atst »

If you're denied entry on return to a country you have settled in how do you retrieve the assett you have there eg home/apartment in your name ,term deposits in bank accounts that need you to personally cancel otherwise they just keep rolling over to another term
Money in bank savings account is easy just give your ATM card to friend to withdraw all money for you
Online banking could help maybe have all your banking online that way you can access/ move from overseas
Something to think about I know I will be changing the way I bank
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Joshcanggu
Tourist
Australia

Re: How to retrieve assets in a country your denied entry

Post by Joshcanggu »

Give either a trusted friend power of attorney or lawyer. Good luck
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

With regards to banking, ensure that you have internet banking which you can use to transfer your funds overseas with.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

Hire a team of crack commandos to storm the president's palace and save the princess
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Who have you got on the 'inside' that can help properly. Even if refused, transfer all the assets with paperwork via courier to a (very) trusted individual & get them to wire you the money outside.

I am Prince Alyusi Islassis, Governor of the Bedde Division of Bornu, Nigeria; I would be more than happy to assist.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:15 pm With regards to banking, ensure that you have internet banking which you can use to transfer your funds overseas with.
I have wondered about accessing my ABA account from overseas. In Cambodia, if I log in from my computer, it sends an sms code to my Cambodian mobile number. If using the mobile app, in Cambodia, then no sms code required.

So I guess to access the account from outside Cambodia I would need my phone set to roam, so it picks up the sms code if logging on from my computer, or recognises the Cambo phone number if using the mobile app ??

Anyone tried it ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Just get they crypto card reader for accessing ABA internet banking abroad. You get a card with a pin number and a card reader, the card reader then gives the one time pass code. I've been using this for several years now, never any issues.

The mobile app set up on your device also works overseas, even with a different sim card installed. You can even transfer funds abroad directly from the app now.
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Post by offroadscholar »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am
The mobile app set up on your device also works overseas, even with a different sim card installed. You can even transfer funds abroad directly from the app now.
Interesting. It must recognise the serial number of the phone, rather than the sim/phone number ?
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

Don't expect longterm investment security in a country you have temporary access to. This is exactly why people pay for citizenship.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

offroadscholar wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:09 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 am
Interesting. It must recognise the serial number of the phone, rather than the sim/phone number ?
No idea about all that technical stuff. To set the app up though it must be done in Cambodia with the sim card of the phone number you have registered with the bank. After that, no issues using the app on that device when overseas, makes banking extremely simple, and I hardly ever actually use my internet banking now, although I keep it active because if my device gets lost or damaged when abroad then I wont have access to my banking via the app.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic