How clean is it in your house

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

How clean is it in your house

Post by Duncan »

I think it must all be in their DNA and you can not change it, but the 4 girls and their mother have lived in a new house for over 6 years now and I am always telling them,, speaking softly,, that dirty dishes with food on should not be left in the sink overnight. That is why Mr Rat is in the kitchen right now.
Nor should food be left on the table.,,, put it in the fridge.

Don't leave wet towels on the bed, don't leave dirty clothes on the floor, don't wash your white school tops with other coloured clothes.

Q.,, How often do you wash your clothes ?
A,,, Every day.
Q,, If you sleep on the mattress can you wash it when it gets dirty. ? Can you wash the mattress protector if it gets dirty ?
That's why you put a sheet on the bed, so you can wash it when it gets dirty.
Put a pillow cover on the pillow, if the pillow gets dirty you can not wash it. ?
Brush your teeth before you go to bed .

The list goes on and on and I wonder if i am wasting my time trying to educate kids in living to a better standed than those living in a hovel.
I'm getting to old for all this but the mission must go on.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How clean is it in your house

Post by bittermelon »

atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Good luck trying to change them it could be thier plan to get you to do thier house work
Being brought up without a fridge it's normal to leave food around it must taste better after rats and ant's been on it that's what I always ask the missus
Keep trying don't loose you sence of humour or it will just drive you mad
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

In answer to your question, "How clean is it in your house?", I'd say pretty similar to yours by the sounds of things. You might be better off talking to the wall.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 am In answer to your question, "How clean is it in your house?", I'd say pretty similar to yours by the sounds of things. You might be better off talking to the wall.

When the wall starts talking back then I guess it will be time to give up.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Any to answer your question yes the same as your
we feel your pain
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

The ladies in the house are cleaning and washing all the time; I would say the house is pretty spotless. The only problem is some of the barang food in the fridge. When I come back after a few weeks, it is inevitably spoilt as they hardly use it. Earlier this week, I pretty much emptied the fridge before leaving again.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

I must be the odd man out here, but working in the health sector and disease control, hygiene has always been important. The places I lived have always been spotless, and significant others have always been fastidious with respect to cleaning and cooking.

In my present accommodation, bed linen changed twice a week and bathroom scrubbed down. Apartment gets a thorough cleaning twice a week but general cleaning/tidying happens everyday. I cook a lot but when Nan is cooking she washes down the kitchen worktop prior to food preparation and washing up is usually done during food preparation to keep the work area clean. Plates washed and put away, then wiped again when going on the table. Table always wiped down before setting. Fridge kept clean and food always put in storage containers and put away. However she has worked as a chef in Malaysia for four years and this would have a considerable impact on her behaviour with respect to food preparation.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kuroneko, you're not the odd man out at all.
The key is education.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Pretty impeccable this side of Toul Kork also, but when Mrs. Spigz decides to rustle up something special, she uses every bloody dish under the sun; I think it is a trick to make sure she doesn't have to cook so much as I always wash up if she cooks.

I also had my son in training since he was about 2-3 years old and was inquisitive about the washing machine, now (5-6) he helps load it, hang it all out & put it in his cupboard. I usually do a "blokes" wash twice a week, Mrs. Spigz has clothes with more material types & frilly nonsense than I can shake a stick at, so I leave that parked in 2-3 wash bins & she eventually gets around to doing it. Or her Mum must come around and do it whilst I'm at work. Probably her Mum.

I do have a couple of spare rooms that don't see a vacuum for a month, those get pretty nasty with dust & spiders really quick, even with the windows shut; so I tackle those whilst sporting nothing but a a krama and a sponge.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic