Brazilian drug kingpin suicides a day after he tried to escape jail dressed as his daughter

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Brazilian drug kingpin suicides a day after he tried to escape jail dressed as his daughter

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A Brazilian drug dealer who tried to escape prison dressed as his daughter has been found dead in his cell.

ImageImage

Clauvino da Silva, a 42-year-old leader of one of the most powerful criminal groups in Brazil, Comando Vermelho, was stopped by guards at the prison in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday. He was dressed in a silicon mask, a dark long-haired wig, tight jeans and a pink T-shirt - trying to pass off as his 19-year-old daughter, who had come to visit him.

Video footage of Silva, known as 'Shorty', removing his disguise went viral.

On Tuesday, prison authorities announced that the trafficker, who had been sentenced to 73 years behind bars, had been found dead in his cell.

"The inmate appears to have hanged himself with a bed sheet," Rio's prison authority said in a statement, adding that an investigation had been opened.

Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Brazilian drug kingpin suicides a day after he tried to escape jail dressed as his daughter

Post by Cinnamoncat »

That's one of the most shocking stories I've read and viewed.

You have to hand it to him--it was a clever attempt. It's quite apparent that he really didn't enjoy prison.

One has to wonder why he bothered with the bra, which he seemed in a hurry to peel off. Nothing seemed to be in it, so why bother? We'll never know.

Did he leave his daughter in his cell, pretending to be him? Was she, then, wearing his prison clothing? And assuming he did that, what would have happened to her? Or did she sneak out at the end of the day shift, and did they hope the new afternoon worker wouldn't notice she'd already signed out from the visit?

It's all very sad, really.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Brazilian drug kingpin suicides a day after he tried to escape jail dressed as his daughter

Post by Duncan »

If he had put more makeup on and dressed like that he could have made more money in prison than being outside selling drugs.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cinnamoncat wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:16 pm That's one of the most shocking stories I've read and viewed.

You have to hand it to him--it was a clever attempt. It's quite apparent that he really didn't enjoy prison.

One has to wonder why he bothered with the bra, which he seemed in a hurry to peel off. Nothing seemed to be in it, so why bother? We'll never know.

Did he leave his daughter in his cell, pretending to be him? Was she, then, wearing his prison clothing? And assuming he did that, what would have happened to her? Or did she sneak out at the end of the day shift, and did they hope the new afternoon worker wouldn't notice she'd already signed out from the visit?

It is sad in the sense that one moment twitter went viral with a vid of him dressed up as his daughter and people mocking him in his failed attempt to escape.
Then a few days later he takes his own life.

The reports indicate he previously escaped jail in 2013 via an underground tunnel. And seemingly, his daughter was going to be left behind..
https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/drug-deal ... ound-dead/
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Cinnamoncat »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:46 pm
Cinnamoncat wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:16 pm That's one of the most shocking stories I've read and viewed.

It is sad in the sense that one moment twitter went viral with a vid of him dressed up as his daughter and people mocking him in his failed attempt to escape.
Then a few days later he takes his own life.

The reports indicate he previously escaped jail in 2013 via an underground tunnel. And seemingly, his daughter was going to be left behind..
https://nypost.com/2019/08/06/drug-deal ... ound-dead/
Some might say, "Live by the sword, die by the sword," but I can see why some might pity him. My sympathy is tempered knowing that he involved his daughter in his escape, with no consideration for repercussions that could affect her freedom.

Similarly, I had a young male student at the high school I taught at for years who donated a kidney to his boozy old dad. Well, guess what? Dad destroyed that kidney within about three years. Now, his son only has one.

Parents don't take from their children like that. It seems wrong to me.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic