New report button...

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: New report button...

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote:i disagree; think the Karma is patting each other,
the like means u merely like the post, but not necessarily the poster, but what he says, which is what it should be !!

I dont give karma but i do give thumbs up sometimes
the karma carries for the user, as a reward for a good post. but it is intended to be FOR the specific post you reward it on. not just for the user. it even quotes/links to that post in the notification it sends them.

and it can be negative. you can already see over there how everyone's screaming for a dislike button as well... now add those together and give it carried results so it's not just a meaningless gesture and what do you have? karma.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

u earn karma by doing good deeds,
not writing something on a forum

I stand by what i said i may not like a poster or feel indifferent one way or the other so will not give him Karma but might like a particular post he made.
hence a thumbs up or LIKE
if you dont like a post, pass it by or as many do, make a comment on it.

I prefer the like function on Thai visa as it shows who like it rather than the one on k44o

Hey its ur forum do as you like
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

phuketrichard wrote: I stand by what i said i may not like a poster or feel indifferent one way or the other so will not give him Karma but might like a particular post he made.
hence a thumbs up or LIKE
or just a plus karma... because karma is for posts (here... it's the name of the mod, i didn't pick it). it just also happens to be cumulative.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

phuketrichard wrote:u earn karma by doing good deeds,
Ha! This isn't "real" karma, Richard. You can't actually take of your CEO karma with you in the afterlife. I assumed this was obvious LoL. :facepalm:

Besides, all these cool features just sit there harmlessly if you don't want to use them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

General Mackevili wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:u earn karma by doing good deeds,
Ha! This isn't "real" karma, Richard. You can't actually take of your CEO karma with you in the afterlife. I assumed this was obvious LoL. :facepalm:

Besides, all these cool features just sit there harmlessly if you don't want to use them.
cant take it with you...now i feel i've been had...shit karma points...i will just have to adopt a stray cat...
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Post by badneighour »

give me some karma points ...i don't care they are not real...
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

OrangeDragon wrote:and it's out of 6... it was showing up twice because i'm still in the middle of putting it in.
Hope you find time to get to the end of putting it in, coz it's really making a mess of the formatting here https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/search. ... ive_topics
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

sorted, thanks for pointing it out. thought i'd found all of those doubles.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

phucketrichard took away my good karma in the photography thread because I disagreed with him. Is the report button acceptable in this case?
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

flying chicken wrote:phucketrichard took away my good karma in the photography thread because I disagreed with him. Is the report button acceptable in this case?
would NEVER take away Karma points from anyone disagreeing with me ( fuck i would be way to busy) :plus1:
took urs away cause u were an ass
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic