NO JOKE HOWARD aka BRAETON HOWARD Dies in Mexico After Leaving Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
violet
Expatriate

Re: NO JOKE HOWARD aka BRAETON HOWARD Dies in Mexico After Leaving Cambodia

Post by violet »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:25 pm The mother said that the massive heart attack was caused by an organic illness and that he did not suffer. Further, he was in a great place of health and fulfilled by loving relationships. Nothing about that caused me to conclude he suicided.
I said that about suicide because someone found organic illness connected to mention of mental health on Google. I am not saying that's what it was. Anyway, sad outcome.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

This was just posted from No Joke Howard's YouTube channel, presumably from his mother:

Dear Subscribers,

My son Braeton aka No Joke Howard passed on May 5, 2019 in Mexico City, Mexico. There was no foul play or suicide. There was a full police investigation along with the criminal unit of the US Embassy of Mexico City. A full autopsy. We are still awaiting the toxicology report and translations of all documents.

He passed from a massive heart attack due to an
organic illness. Attorneys have been involved as
well throughout this process. He was cremated and
we have his ashes. We have his death certificate
from Mexico. We want to thank his followers and
condolences from you. This time is extremely difficult for us. We plan to update with a video in tributes to him. My son was very happy prior to his death and so thankful for that. We plan to tell exactly what happened because he would want that.

Rest In Peace my beautiful son.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
popeyesretreat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by popeyesretreat »

ust heard he passed away a month ago, so sad may he rest from all his Demons. does anyone know how old he was, he looks like he was in his mid 30's. Even with his drug problem he looks to be in great shape unlike me,

I know alot of BM didn't like him and glad not many troll comments.
may he RIP. Hope his mom is doing well as can be expected
"If you thought I was that advanced would you ask me if I understood?" :hattip:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No Joke Howard (AKA Braeton Howard)'s mother said she was going to make a video talking about his death, but she has instead decided to make a written post about his death instead, using No Joke Howard's YouTube channel, which she has taken over. Here is her most recent posts about the circumstances about his death in Mexico:

Thank you so very much for all of the emails, messages and condolences for my son, Braeton. Next week, we plan to do a video in tributes to him. WE WILL TELL WHAT HAPPENED! Because he would want that. We miss him greatly and thank you for following his channel @No Joke Howard

Dear subscribers,
We have received ALL of the information in regards to Braeton's aka No Joke Howard's death. We are preparing something to inform you of how he passed. It has been extremely difficult and an emotional roller coaster for us. Because he passed in a foreign country it has taken up til this time to get all information. We can confidently say there was no foul play. We hope you understand this is all still so fresh to us. I feel as his mother he would want you to know what happened. The condolences are so very appreciated. We will post something when WE are ready. Again, thank you and God Bless. Mom

I am working on the story of my son's death. I plan to post this today on his Community section here and decided not to do a video for respect to our family. Thanks. MOM

On Sunday, May 5, 2019 my son, Braeton Howard aka No Joke Howard passed in Mexico City, Mexico in his apartment that he shared with his girlfriend. We received a call that he could not be reached since Sunday morning. I had spoken video call with him that prior Thursday and he was in great spirits and happy. Other family members had spoken with him late Saturday night. It was very unusual that he was unreachable by family. As some of us spoke with him on a daily basis.

As the day progressed, still no answer. The gf was working at her business in the USA at the time. She called family and the maintenance people at the building to knock on the door. No answer but a strong "odor of gas" coming from the unit. The maintenance people shut off the gas for safety. Because he and his gf had changed the locks no one else had a key. Monday had arrived and The law said no entry unless by police. At this point we were in a state of panic because we thought he had died from possible gas inhalation or suicide, The gas odor was his decomposing body. The emergency unit knew the smell. It was Monday after 8pm that the locksmith, her family member, ambulances, medics awaited for the police to arrive. Once they arrived the locksmith opened the door. My son was found in the shower deceased in fetal position on the shower floor. He had been in a hot shower for over 40 hours following his death. Because of the nature of his body, evidence found and the neighbor incident - it was initially a Homicide Investigation. After a full investigation performed by the police there was NO FOUL PLAY whatsoever, involved. He died from a massive heart attack which I will disclose that information later in the story.

We demanded a full autopsy and toxicology report. We had to make a decision for his body within 48 hours, that is the law in Mexico. We could not go to Mexico because of passports, lack of funds, language barrier and personal safety. Devastating!!! His girlfriend flew back there along with her brothers to take care of this for us. We appointed her as our POA and we all worked with the units in the US Embassy of Mexico City, Mexico. Everyone was extremely helpful. We have complete confidence in the authorities handling of my son's death. He was cremated and she and her brothers personally brought his ashes and belongings with 1 suitcase back to us. This was all he had.

As weeks turned into months we still had NO concrete evidence or toxicology reports, death certificates, etc, until about 2 weeks ago. Now it is official. He passed from, "Acute Myocardial Infarction In a Subject with Organic Heart Disease". Up until this we thought possibly foul play, suicide or accidental overdose. Not actually knowing until we received the reports in Spanish. Luckily, we could get this translated. The pictures from the scene were in sealed envelopes. I wanted to have these for closure but will not look. In addition, NO DRUGS or ALCOHOL found in his system. Only an anti-depressant. To our surprise.

In months prior to his death he had complained of feeling fatigued and was doing everything to maintain a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise. He had complained of not being able to urinate. Saw a urologist after his hand surgery and he gave him meds to help him with that. They wanted to do testing with a tube inserted into his urethra and he left saying, "No thanks, I'm good". The was the last thing he googled at 8:26 am, Sunday, May 5th, 2019 was that he could not pee. Which may explain him getting in the shower to help that. He did however, smoke cigarettes and cigars, occasionally.

As his mother, I loved that he had a channel on YT because it enabled him to do something that made HIM feel better to share his life with you. I will forever be thankful of the time spent in Phnom Penh, Cambodia with him. Some loved him, and some did not. BUT YOU FOLLOWED him, thank you. He was my son. His family and friends loved him. He died happy and was in love. He loved his job at the UFC Gym in Mexico City, Mexico. We may remove his channel completely so that we can some how move on. If I see negative comments in any way they will be deleted and not fully read. You will be blocked. If condolences are sent, thank you so very much. For our own emotional stability we must believe the investigation and evidence, reports, etc. We need time as a family to grieve and this time is extremely still shocking and painful for us but wanted to update you on the nature of his passing.

My advice is that if you or family members travel to a foreign country please have your Embassy information and read about the event of a death. It is a nightmare in itself losing a family member but it is a torrential process in getting it finalized.

My son shared his life with you and that was, NO JOKE.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

The not being able to pee thing sounds like what @AndyKK had. Could not getting treatment cause a heart attack though? Would be terrible if he died because he refused the catheter, but it reads like this is what happened.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:41 am The not being able to pee thing sounds like what @AndyKK had. Could not getting treatment cause a heart attack though? Would be terrible if he died because he refused the catheter, but it reads like this is what happened.
OMG ... just happened to me ,, here , not able to pee ! You gotta go but you can’t !
I’ve come here in 2011 with about a year to live , stayed in the same room in sihanoukville for 5 years waiting for that to happen !
( it didn’t ). The other day I couldn’t pee again , it was disturbing but not felt life threatening..
I have pills for my prostate cancer which I was supposed to be died from by now , they are generically named because they came from my veterans administration , but if you have ever found that you can’t do it the real name of the real medicine is “ flowmax “
There are other variations now I know the name of , but I went to a pharmacy here and they have the generic equivalent.

Prostate cancer is a killer ( ask frank zappa ). I guess I beat it cuz I smoke good medicine and no cigarettes 🚬 .
🤞🏽 Poor guy , if that doctor had given him some flomax , maybe .... he could have gone .. peepee. .
way too young ,
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Even though they are not 100 % reliable, there is no reason other than ignorance to not have a PSA blood check done once a year.

FYI, in Australia they are free.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I've had opioid-induced urinary retention (can't pee) which is experienced by some people who use opiates. I believe NJH may have also been a user of various drugs and perhaps he was experiencing something similar at the time.
splash out
Tourist

Post by splash out »

xandreu wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:58 am I kinda liked him and hated him in equal measure. He was the stereo typical yank, obnoxious, full of himself, way too over confident and placed himself firmly at the center of the universe, but strangely,I grew to like him for those qualities. I gained a lot of insight into Cambodia through him and his videos were quite eye opening, not always for the right reasons.

Very sad to hear this news. Condolences to his family. RIP.
Your comment pretty much wraps it up nicely for my thoughts as well. I think the word he would use to describe himself would be "douchy".
Even though he was on a different planet than me, he was entertaining to watch during his time in Cambodia.
splash out
Tourist

Post by splash out »

Username Taken wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:07 pm Heart Attack apparently.

My answer to George's comment/question is, NO JOKE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic