20 Year Old Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

20 Year Old Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia News: On August 2 at 6:34 pm, the department of anti-drugs arrested a 20 years old Cambodian Muslim woman, Len Pali, for drug trafficking at the rent house in Sangkat Reu Sey keo, Phnom Penh.

The police confiscated 611.85 g of the meth, a phone, and a digital scale.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: 20 Year Old Woman Arrested for Drug Trafficking in Phnom Penh

Post by Felgerkarb »

Uncute.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

,"Muslim woman" surely there is a better descriptive than that. Over eyebrowed at the very least.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I thought the Cham were required to wear a headscarf in public. And dress a bit on the more modest side. Anyone care to enlighten?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 am I thought the Cham were required to wear a headscarf in public. And dress a bit on the more modest side. Anyone care to enlighten?
In Cambodia many of them are not very strict.

In one village, I stopped at the house of a girl cooking something to sell at the market. I thought she was Buddhist, because she was not wearing a head scarf. I then went to a shop across the road and bought a drink. She later came to the shop wearing a head scarf.

Some Cham live on boats, and dont have houses. In the past I chatted to some girls who lived on boats. I asked them why they dont wear head scarves. The said they are poor and cant afford them.

There are many other situations where you can see Cham girls not wearing head scarves. Sometimes I have asked who is Buddhist and who is Muslim.

Cham men are not supposed to drink and smoke, but some do.

In addition, when a girl is selling drugs, she may not want people to know she is Muslim.

Expect Cambodia to change.

There is a Muslim school in Phnom Penh financed by people from Kuwait.

There is a new Muslim school just built in Kampong Cham financed by people from Malaysia.

A friend of mine, and her brother, want to build a new Muslim school in another place. It is likely they will get financial assistance from Malaysia or an Arab country.

Many Cambodian Cham go to study or work in Malaysia.

Some Muslim teachers come to Cambodia from Malaysia and Arab countries.

So expect them to become more strict in the future.

The Cham people I have met are very nice. It is nice to make friends with both Buddhist and Muslim people.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Isaanbarang
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Isaanbarang »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 am I thought the Cham were required to wear a headscarf in public. And dress a bit on the more modest side. Anyone care to enlighten?
Often drug dealing Muslims are given dispensation from headscarves by their Oman. Same with terrorist Muslims. Of course only when they are drug dealing or terrorizing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic